Netflix film recommendations

The lobster is on Netflix. I loved it but it is a super marmite film I know people who HATE it. If you’re happy to give a go to something bizarre and totally different I’d try it

2 Likes

The Hunt For The Wilderpeople is excellent. Silly New Zealand Comedy with yer man from Jurassic Park.

I’ve had that Werner Herzog documentary about the internet sat on my watch list for a few months now. Is that any good?

2 Likes

Anyone else?

Sign up for Netflix every few months before quickly remembering how piss their app is to browse. Surely there must be a way to search by year, or to browse TV series more thoroughly than via the swipey front page shite?

I liked the Herzog doc. You get to hear him say something about a “malevolent dwarf” or something, which is funny stuff.

Also seconded on Wilderpeople, I’m glad Taika Waititi is doing so well.

When on the front page, click on Browse and all the subcategories are there and easier to navigate

6 Likes

Wait, Nick Cage Wickerman is on Netflix? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

The Wailing looks good. I was thinking about watching that a short while ago. It’s just a little long for a watch tonight and so I’ve opted for a Spanish thriller/horror called Kidnapped. A film that runs for around 80 mins but split apparently into around 12 long single takes. I’m about a third the way through. So far, so good.

The Wailing is good. Bonkers though

1 Like

I’ll definitely check out The Wailing. Kidnapped won’t be the best film you’ve seen in any month but an excellent very above average no-brainer with a few beers. That was the aim for me tonight. Worth checking out.

Is wind river worth watching?

1 Like

It’s good, but it’s bleak

Kind of all over the place tbh, Elizabeth Olsen is very good though.

Cheers guys. Bleak is fine. All over the place less so. Looks like good scenery though, so that seals the deal.

i quite liked it. it is bleak but a decent Netflix film

1 Like

I recently watched Arrival, which is great. One of the best sci-fi films I’ve seen in a decade or more.

And also Valerian, which seemed to die a death. It’s essentially Fifth Element 2 in terms of script and acting but it’s so imaginative, colourful and stylish I didn’t care a less.

6 Likes

The TV & I secretly love Valerian…

1 Like

Netflix is just really bad for movies, if it werent for their original series id probably have left shop ages ago. For movies you want Now.Tv for sheer volune of newer movies and classics or Mubi for a curated but small selection.

1 Like

It totally is. But I hate Murdoch and Sky so can’t bring myself to get NowTV, as much as I’d like to.

1 Like

Amazon Prime is much better for recent/big films. Not that anyone’s a massive fan of Bezos either I guess…

Would love Now TV for all the HBO stuff but I think that’s seperate to films? Too expensive…

1 Like