New Album Releases 1/10/2021

What bounce u listenin to huns?

Going to spin the new Full Of Hell later.

Grind / crust / hardcore FFO: patches on jackets, saying “sick t shirt” and almost unreadable logos

11 Likes

New Black Dice is out today too but I can’t think of a funny FFO.

3 Likes

Top of the order is obviously this (parents rejoice)

12 Likes

Happy new release day and bandcamp Friday. I’m excited about these four

audiobooks - Astro Tough

Weird electro pop

Illuminati Hotties - Let Me Do One More

Punky pop

The Body & Big|Brave - Leaving None But Small Birds

Two experimental heavy bands collaborate with a folk album

Tirzah - Colourgrade

R&B/electronica/art-pop

10 Likes

Also got Hovvdy lined up as I loved the last album

Boy Scouts had a great single I think?

Explosions in the Sky soundtrack album that I guess sounds like an Explosions in the Sky soundtrack album

2 Likes

Rap produced by (and featuring) Navy Blue

2 Likes

Pond - 9

New one from the Tame Impala adjacent psych funksters

3 Likes

New Frontierer record is out today. It’s horrible and I’m having a great time.

Loud chaotic mathy hardcore ffo The Locust, Dillinger Escape Plan etc

4 Likes

New Strand of Oaks album is really good stuff

For fans of Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket - other beardy earnest rock

1 Like

Really enjoying this Howe Gelb (with colorist orchestra album) tis very nice

Also got new Scott Orr lined up

4 Likes

DIS New Releases collaborative playlist now emptied and ready for your new contributions! Many thanks to those who help out with this each week!

2 Likes

wahey it’s Friday again. Every week a party in musicland. Hopefully will be having fun with Pond, audiobooks and Tirzah of those already mentioned. Also…

Kedr Livanskiy - Liminal Soul
cool subtle Russian synth pop

and then for the end of the party…

Usted Saami - East Pakistan Sky
half an hour vibe out with emphasis on the droney sitar-sounding thing (tanpura?) and yer man Usted subtly cooing and harmonising with it

6 Likes

Cindy - 1:2

Sort of lo-fi jangly indie pop, i guess

4 Likes

Had this on on my way to work and have to say was disappointed. What is the point of collaborating with The Body and the guy with one of the most distinctive voices in heavy music and then not using that voice (or really any of the instrumentation) that makes The Body distinctive. Would love to hear those folks songs as a duet between them but… meh.

1 Like

Pliocene - Get Up + Live Forever

Debut solo album from a member of Buffalo dreampop/shoegaze band The Daysleepers. From what I’ve heard before, this is going to appeal to anyone who wants to listen to a 30 minute demo of expensive reverb pedals.

3 Likes

Tirzah is the huge one for me this month. I think Devotion is a bit of a slept on modern classic so have been massively excited for this.

First listen was very positive. Going to the Rough Trade instore tonight so will try and get more familiar today but looks like I won’t be let down.

10 Likes

Lots of stuff today. Almost everything was mentioned already, I will just add a debut album from Ducks Ltd. FFO of Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

4 Likes

Happy new Hovvdy album day everyone. Wet and windy early Autumn morning seems appropriate to give it it’s first spin.

5 Likes

Yes. On its own terms, I really like this album. But knowing who’s involved, it does feel like missed opportunities and it could have been so much more.

1 Like

Kit Sebastian - Melodi (Bilingual English/Turkish psychedelic jazz pop)