New Album Releases 8/10/21

It looks like I have maybe ten new albums of acts I’m not sure what they actually sound like, so will have listen for a bit then post. But first, I just wanted to post my excitement for a new Efterklang album. They’ve changed labels from 4AD to City Slang (who I love), and are singing in English again. Fingers crossed it’s great!

Efterklang - Windflowers

10 Likes

Synth pop from LA. All three preview singles have been amazing and they released some bangers last year too

2 Likes

James Blake has a new one today too

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the new BADBADNOTGOOD

15 Likes

WH Lung making the transition from uplifting low key krautrock to big uplifting synth pop bangers.

9 Likes

JOHN

Gruff punk n roll from Crystal Palace

10 Likes

Thr World Is A Beautiful Place & I’m No Longer Afraid To Die

Elements of emo, indie, post-rock and post-hardcore

13 Likes

New Big Ghost produced album from rapper Eddie Kaine, who I’ve not heard before - but I’m checking because if Big Ghost puts his stamp on anything at the moment hip hop wise it’s usually worth your time.

3 Likes

Wyndow - Wyndow

Debut album from this remote collaboration between indie flautist Laura J Martin and former Trembling Bell, Lavinia Blackwall. “Voices intertwine on a bed of homebrewed minimalism with words detailing the quiet moments”. The tracks that have been released before today have been great. It’s album of the week in The Quietus.

3 Likes

I’m giving Sam fender a go

5 Likes

Dina Ögon - Dina Ögon
Lovely woozy syn-drenched scandi sounds. Looking forward to liste ing to the whole album.

April Magazine - If The Ceiling Were A Kite: Vol 1
“sometimes ramshackle pop workers, sometimes tight ethereal jammers, & sometimes dreamy soundscape makers.”

Wyndow - Wyndow
New duo of Laura J Martin (who did some squeaky voiced upbeat pop songs that I liked) and someone from Tembling Bells. Dream poppy kind of sound.

Far Caspian - Ways To Get Out
Irish multi-instrumentalist, one man indie band, sounds nice.

Lala Lala - I Want The Door To Open
Indie poppy kinda songs.
“The album was produced with Yoni Wolf of WHY?, and features contributions from Nnamdi Ogbonnaya, OHMME, Kara Jackson, Ben Gibbard and more.”

Saint Kochi - Saint Kochi EP
Psychedelic indie sort of sound.

Kayla Painter - Somewhen EP
Glitchy electronic ambient bleeps.

Michael Price - The Hope Of Better Weather
Piano neo classical instrumentals, was/is on Erased Tapes. Has some songs reworked by Yann Tiersen, Eluvium, Bill Ryder-Jones.

Porches - All Day Gentle Hold !
Electro poppy in your face sound.

6 Likes

Freya Beer - Beast

London singer-songwriter’s debut album of somewhat gothic indie rock. Marc Riley is a big fan and played the Dear Sweet Rosie single a lot on his 6 Music show.

2 Likes

Howl in’ Rain

FFO Dead Meadow, Wooden Shjips, psychedelic rock

Kowloon Walled City

FFO Yob, Melvins, Neurosis, general slow heavy music

8 Likes

Thanks as always

1 Like

The Alchemist - This Thing of Ours 2 EP

Vince Staples, MIKE and Zelooperz amongst the guests on the latest release from the master hip-hop producer.

8 Likes

All about The Alchemist and BADBADNOTGOOD today. Will probably give the new James Blake a listen too if I can get past the artwork making me feel queasy.

1 Like

Jerusalem In My Heart. Splintered electronica/noise feat Moor Mother, Tim Hecker and a load more. On constellation records

3 Likes

Really like her previous album so looking forward to this. One for the ambient/drone/experimental people.

1 Like

4-track demos of the last kevin morby album is sounding nice

2 Likes

Kowloon Walled City are still going? What a nice surprise this is, I have their first album somewhere in a nice handmade box.