New Album Releases 8/10/21

Looking forward to some of the suggestions already listed here today. So my morning finds have been:-

Pablo Color - Hora Azul - Chill summer vibes with a hint of Salsa, had me dancing before the sun came up.

Kolonel Djafaar - Movin’ - Funky Afrobeat. Its called an album but appears to have only 2 tracks listed so far and is actually only released on Tuesday 12/10. Regardless I enjoyed Kolonel Djafaar’s last 2 EPs and this single is suggesting good stuff to come.

Taraka - Welcome to Paradise Lost - Lo-Fi Pop Punk. I used to enjoy some of Prince Rama’s tracks and so far enjoying the couple I’ve listened to on this. Its basic but fun. I will also admit that 90% of this suggestion is simply due to the picture of her in the bath with a snake on her head.

Christoph El’ Truento - Live from the Cloudy Subtropical - A DJ Producer from New Zealand. I really liked his album from 2018, LWMP18, and recommend the track Hoohaa on it. Looking forward to this one and the 2 tracks available are a nice change of pace, really like the track Cloudy Subtropical.

Lastly apologies about suggesting something released back in September here but I stumbled across it during the week and thought it was excellent for a ‘name your price’ release and surprised its not been mentioned…

Various Artists - Worldwide FM (Ennio Styles) - Stylin’ 1000 - Funky Jazz. A little something for almost anyone.

2 Likes

Quite probably, she played bouzouki on the First Taste tour, apparently!

yeah she did a bit of bouzouki, acoustic guitar and second bass when i saw them

stayed on stage for the Manipulator stuff but seemed like she was mainly there for the First Taste stuff

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. They are playing Edinburgh on a Monday which is far from ideal, but I’ve seen them already so will probably give it a miss

Busy day for me.

Rupture//Rapture Melodic techno. Another great ep.

Scalping have a remix ep ft people like Mogwai. The Hodge remix is a beast.

Shy, Low
Post rock / metal.
The track Umbra has mariachi turmpets and is :ok_hand:

There’s a new Lake Haze ep
Chilled beats

4 Likes

WH Lung album is brilliant. On my third playthrough. Love it.

1 Like

Screensaver - Expressions of Interest

Groovy post-punk with a hint of underground 80s disco and new wave plus witty lyrics to boot. On Upset The Rhythm.

1 Like

I will be listening to this

2 Likes

Saw them a couple of weeks back with @colossalhorse (and even bumped into @chadders) - JOHN were great fun! Had missed them twice in 2019 in a smaller venue and when they supported mclusky so was glad to catch them.

2 Likes

Have emptied out the DIS New Releases collaborative playlist on Spotify, but apologies not had time to fill it back up again. But if people want to start doing the honours, please be my guest…

2 Likes

This one? :rofl:

1 Like

New album from Cascadian atmospheric black metal band Alda, first new material since 2015.
FFO Wolves in the Throne Room, Agalloch etc.

1 Like

New Atmosphere album is sounding great so far. Rhymesayers hip-hop, ffo Aesop Rock etc

2 Likes

confused…have you already posted?

Looks like the one you linked with Bon Iver was out in 2010, its Vol. 2 that’s out today.

1 Like

Up there with my AOTYs so far. She’s so special.

1 Like

ahhhh!!!

Gonna be checking out Atmosphere, Kowloon Walled City & maybe the new The World Is A Beautiful Place… of those listed above, but the rest are mainly bangers-based.

New EP from the inimitable Bored Lord. Gloriously smooth, sexy and deep house, breaks, Hi-NRG hybrids:

New compilation of rad downtempo balearic dreaminess from DJ Harvey:

Excellent, absorbingly twisted acid techno from Stef Mendesidis on Klockworks no less:

New buttechno - sounds as unpredictably playful as ever. Still doesn’t get enough hype for my money:

Good day if you’re into shape-shifting heat. Also will be checking out the new DBA comp with Sunil Sharpe et al, new Jerusalem In My Heart and BadBadNotGood

1 Like

Matt Maltese - Good Morning It’s Now Tomorrow

Do we all like breezy melodic indie pop with a touch of melancholy? This is scratching that itch for me rn

1 Like

When The Field kicks in half way through the last Efterklang track - turns a good album into a great one!