New album releases. Friday 22nd September

I’ve downloaded albums by Phoebe Bridgers, Chelsea Wolfe and The Horrors.

What else do I need to check out?

It’s September m8 :wink:

1 Like

New METZ is decent, mostly cuz Albini, new Wolves in the Throne Room is the one tho

2 Likes

I’ve got crap loads queued for today. A few I’m not expecting too much from, just curious having liked older stuff. No way I’m getting through it all.

• Metz
  • Omni
  • Moses Sumney
  • The Horrors
  • The Killers
  • Cut Copy
  • Chelsea Wolfe
  • Godspeed
  • Tricky
  • The Clientele
  • Phoebe Bridgers
  • Hiss Golden Messenger
  • Luna

Oh yeah new Godspeed is decent too

1 Like

Bloody hell. I’m a month out. Summer went too soon.

1 Like

Rapsody - Laila’s Wisdom
Second full-length from Rapsody should be essential listening for hip-hop fans. First couple of listens it sounds really focused. Her rapping is on point and a good range of guest-spots keeps the pace up throughout.

Chelsea Wolfe :wolf:
Wolves In The Throne Room :wolf::wolf::crown:
Metz :handshake:
Omni :eye:
The Horrors :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

Very excited about hearing phoebe bridgers and also looking forward to horrors. Will check out new Godspeed and his golden messenger too. There’s a new shout out louds record out today too…anyoneheard them lately? I don’t think I’ve listened to anything by them since their debut which I liked

Nice list Shoebox1976uk. My listening and thoughts on the above so far today.

To add:

Valparaiso:grin:

Also queued: Linda Perhacs.

Many mentions of Phoebe Bridgers, who I don’t know, upthread. Now also queued.

Good day for me (hopefully):

The Bronx
Godspeed
Prawn
Chelsea Wolfe
Wolves in the Throne Room
Metz

Cut Copy/GY!BE/Hiss Golden Messenger/The Horrors for me. And not sure if this actually comes out today or is already out, but anyone heard of these guys? The Quietus really liked the album:

Oh shit is The Bronx new one out today!!?

Phoebe Bridgers is playing Mirrors Festival next month (October. I certainly am getting confused with which month we’re in.) Mirrors is looking pretty good. Cheap for a ticket too.

Chelsea Wolfe has been a fairly prolific collaborator of late… Russian Circles, Myrkur etc. Can someone please get her to do a collab LP with a BM band? Would LOVE Chelsea Wolves In The Throne Room

3 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Just listen to oathbreaker and you’re pretty much there with WITTR/Wolfe

3 Likes

Really enjoyed Rheia

2 Likes

Without getting into a what is black metal argument, does Myrkur not count?

Oh, you meant a full LP. That would be sweet, yeah.