New Albums 22/10/21

Deerhoof & Lonely Guest are the big ones for me today, however others on my radar are…

Werewolf Hair - Werewolf Hair - Blown Out Guitar thing. Loving the three tracks so far, despite one being from their EP, hopefully once the full album lands its as good.

Accelerator - The Convenience - 70s-esque catchy Pop Funk. It reminds me of XTC a bit.

Move Like So EP - Obeka - Bass heavy Caribbean grooves from Manchester.

Invisible Pink (Inc. Uriah Klapter, SidiRum remixes) - Monk Ernie - Apparently its Baltic Post Funk, no idea but I’ve been dancing in my chair all morning to it.

Also if anyone missed it as I added it to last weeks thread but Alba by Maugli was an excellent release last week, worth a listen but I have no clue how to describe it.

2 Likes

Yeah, listened on the way to work and really enjoyed it. Definately a companion to last year’s, but a bit more downbeat lyrically. The last song is a great counterpoint to Cop Syrup, wonderfully odd.

Looking forward to Circuit Des Yeux later, Hayley Fohr deserves more attention!

1 Like

On my radar besides Grouper today:

Sóley – Mother Melancholia

The Icelandic multi-instrumentalist returns with an album designed to soundtrack “humanity’s last day on Earth”.

Agnes – Magic Still Exists

The preview singles are a couple of incredible future-retro Eurodisco bangers; hoping the album delivers more of the same.

4 Likes

Can’t Swim have a new one out too, for fans of punky emo

3 Likes

Going to give this a listen on the strength of their single “Bound” with Blood Orange, indie/pop/r&b stylings

1 Like

Such a huge release day and there’s no way I’m going to have time to check out everything I want to this weekend. But for me:

Herbert
Nick cave & the Bad Seeds
Call Super
Biffy Clyro
JPEGMAFIA
Lana del rey
Every Time I Die
Kelman Duran
Aya
Gantz
DJ Swisha & Kush Jones
RDL Shellah
Manuel Gottsching’s E2-E4 (first ever digital release i believe!)
Grouper
That new Death Is Not The End mountain singing comp
New 10 Years of Acid Test compilation

Might check out the new Parquet Courts as well

2 Likes

So so many today. Most already mentioned but also the new one by Brazilian legend Caetano Veloso

3 Likes

Oh man, I’ve made a shortlist of 14 releases to listen to. Not a chance I get through them all! Huge day!

Holy cow what a day. One thing to add…

Pepe Deluxe - Phantom Cabinet Vol. 1

First album in 9 years from the sampledelic maximalist lovers of unusual instruments. Hope this is as fun as Queen of the Wave!

3 Likes

Lana del Ray album is great…the interlude thing is pretty annoying when you’re in the middle of a chill album

1 Like

Green Lung, Self Esteem, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds are my main three for today but damn today looks like an embarrassment of riches judging by everyone else’s posts.

1 Like

have just stuck this on

Oh great! Often in the mood for this only to check spotify and see it’s not there

2 Likes

Extremely strong reviews for Self Esteem. Currently number 3 on the site’s overall ranking!

This aya album is excellent and also has a track with probably my favourite title of the year:

If [redacted] Thinks He’s Having This As A Remix He Can Frankly Do One

3 Likes

Graham Coxon has a new album with Duran Duran

1 Like

What a ridiculous day

4 Likes

DiS New Releases collaborative playlist emptied and ready for re-filling!

4 Likes

Self Esteem album is a total banger

4 Likes

Angel Du$t - Yak: A Collection Of Truck Songs
Acousticy emo sounds like Modern Baseball I guess?