New Albums September 23rd 2022

New Makaya McCraven for the jazz crew! Been waiting for this for months.

5 Likes

Alina Bzhezhinska & HipHarpCollective - Reflections

Spiritual jazz funk with cool, sharp harps.

3 Likes

spiky country produced by Josh Homme

Looking forward to a listen…but that artwork…jeez!

:rofl: like a cd you’d find in the church shop

12 Likes

New Herman dune

4 Likes

Looking forward to giving Dua Saleh’s album a go today. Her EP a couple of years ago was a mix of electronic, rnb, hip hop and indie styles was a really great listen, so interested to see where she goes next.

2 Likes

Ah, this is an expanded EP from last year that I totally managed to miss!

This new Alex G’s magic.

5 Likes

I’m gonna save the Nils Frahm album for a day when I can go for a 3-hour long walk, and accept that that will probably be the only time I listen to it. Although, maybe this will be one of those moments where an album that sounds fairly underwhelming pre-release turns out to be a masterpiece but I don’t think so.

Spotify link:

Nils Frahm – Music For Animals

7 Likes

Pérez was at the forefront of salsa in the mid-70s, and still experimenting with música bailable and all the danceable horn- blazing styles that were beginning to be known collectively as salsa. The finest tracks of this short-lived combo, active from 1974 until 1975, are now being celebrated by El Palmas Music on a new compilation simply titled Ray Pérez y El Grupo Casabe.

Sounds good to me.

2 Likes

Out a couple of days ago this:

Laura Jurd - The Big Friendly Album

Music influenced by Celtic folk traditions, the blues and a sprinkling of alt-rock, acclaimed trumpet player and composer alongside a brass-fuelled, party band of world-class instrumentalists.

1 Like

Valentina Magaletti - Batterie Fragile

In which the acclaimed drummer best known for her work with Tomaga and Vanishing Twin plays a porcelain sculpted drum kit. Sure, it’s not at the very top of my list today but I am very here for this.

1 Like

Editors album is what The Cure would sound like if Kraftwerk produced their next album. Brilliant.

1 Like

Will be checking out Editors.

Cold Gawd - God Get Me The Fuck Out Of Here

Noise rock / Shoegaze. Ffo Nothing.

Pig - The Merciless Light

Sleazy industrial rock, with it’s tongue firmly in someone else’s cheek.

3 Likes

Courting - Guitar Music

Debut album from an indie/post-punk group who seem to be stretching their sonic boundaries a little - I likened a previous EP to Parquet Courts, Idles & Dry Cleaning and whilst those are still part of the puzzle one review I saw for this album referenced Sophie and Aphex Twin influences.

6 Likes

New one from De Lux out today that I’ve been looking forward to

1 Like

The Soft Moon - Exister
Industrial.
FFO: NIN - Front Line Assembly, 90’s Wax Trax

12 Likes

This is really perfect music for me today. Grey and nasty outside and I have a ton of head down admin type work to be getting on with. Much more Stars of the Lid sounding than anything as bombastic as from Spaces.

That said, I nearly didn’t listen to the record as the track names are so poor…

2 Likes

Pale Sketcher - Golden Skin one of Justin Broadwick’s projects for the more electronic end of his Jesu work.

2 Likes

Lande Hekt - House Without a View

Finding this second solo indie pop album a bit more engaging than last year’s effort, think a few here would have liked that and will like this too.

6 Likes