New ASIWYFA

never got into the last album really. this sounds decent, albeit not one of their most memorable. reminds me a bit of Enemies.

1 Like

Oooh! Quite like this, glad there’s no vocals. Sounds proper summery about halfway through.

I struggled a bit with Heirs, but it’s a proper grower and I really like it now, more than All Hail Bright Futures, which has sadly only got an EPs worth of songs I actually enjoy :frowning:

Fantastic band though; Gangs is an absolute masterpiece.

really liked All Hail Bright Futures when it came out as i loved the less heavy, more Tera Melos-y sound to it - but yeah it became apparent after a while but there aren’t that many good songs on it really (the good ones are brilliant though)

should maybe revisit Heirs then. the more vocals thing was a nice novelty on AHBF but i thought it got a bit tired very quickly by Heirs, hoping this track is a sign that they’ve scaled it back this time.

1 Like

Big Thinks Do Remarkable, Like a Mouse, Ambulance, Mend and Make Safe = all great. I really cannot remember anything else off the album though.

Tell you what, I’ll give All Hail Bright Futures another go, if you give Heirs another spin and we’ll report back :slight_smile:

deal! :smiley:

Young Brave Minds is great too. only saw them do it live once and wanted to shout along gloriously at the end until i remembered i can’t make out the actual words.

1 Like

oh wow this is the actual album cover

1 Like

New song’s ok. I’ll admit I checked out a little with each release after Gangs. Everything they’ve done after that has been a little samey. Admittedly, they’re still incredible live, but the “whooooooooaaaaaaahhh” onslaught of their last record was a bit much. Not massively fussed on this cover too.

i like this, shaping up to hopefully be a bit of a return to form

1 Like

This is excellent.

https://twitter.com/LimelightNI/status/1118062323464380417?s=19

Self titled anniversary show! Gonna be tasty

2 Likes

Hope they bring that to London :open_mouth:

just noticed the recording of this from the reissue is on Spotify/Bandcamp now

played 3 shows in the end, i wonder if any of this is from the Friday show i went to

2 Likes

Beaut! Was all up for round two in Galway until they had to cancel, this will fill the gap

1 Like

Gig ticket and return bus from Belfast for the Derry show on sale for ÂŁ30 from shizznigh.

Decent value but I’m at Jane Weaver that night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0015cc0

Was at this, I noticed a microphone at the front of the stage pointed towards the audience so I had a feeling it was being recorded for something

• I opened this thread to find out what the acronym meant
  • I already knew

0 voters