New At The Drive-In track

i quite like it.

vocals mixed too up-front though. combined with the lyric video it really hammers home that the lyrics aren’t the best. i quite like some of their more surreal couplets in the old stuff, but this new song is kind of trying too hard to do ATDI lyrics while not really trying at all to write ‘good’ lyrics. if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

“BARREN ARE THE FIELDS FROM THE NEPHILIM RAIN”

https://twitter.com/cedricbixler_/status/815084350740066304

4 Likes

Album in•ter a•li•a is out 5th May

this is shit

sounds like billy talent, again

1 Like

why are they doing this

4 Likes

Not awful but it sounds a bit too much like if Cedric joined Taking Back Sunday on vocals.

Think someone said this before but lyric videos are crap at the best of times, never mind when it’s ATDI lyrics

1 Like

I didn’t think this single sounded as bad as the last one, but then Youtube ticked on to Pattern Against User and I was like you - WHY!?

can’t wait to get my socks bundle!

Prefer this to the previous one but again it’s completely lacking in any of the aspects that made them so powerful on ROC

cannot be arsed with this in the slightest. omar you need to ditch cedric, pal. get back to doing peyote in the desert.

also think that jim ward is kind of a douche as a person but it just isn’t ATD-I without his backing vocals

Why do you think he’s a bit of a douche?

Could only last the first minute… I assume it doesn’t get any better after…

mainly coz i was team TMV and he talked a lot of shit about them after the split while putting out absolute garbage with sparta. cedric and omar used to tell a hilarious story about how he quit at the drive in one night but then got to meet bono backstage at a show and decided he wanted to be a rock star again.

it doesn’t change at all

2 Likes

Going back to where Relationship of Command left things off 17 years later is a step back, no matter what.

Ditching TMV for this is a huge mistake.

nahhh tmv died of its own accord

1 Like

Yeah, a still birth at the release of tremulent!

To be fair, they actually ditched ANTEMASQUE for this