New bamnan album - keep knocking

I listened through the whole thing once

the guitar playing is lovely as per usual bammers - it’s gonna take a few more listens to explore/appreciate all the lyrics but there was a spoken word bit in fashionably late (I think) that reminded me of

I’ll report back when I’ve hard more time with it

1 Like

ah thanks man!

Don’t think there’s spoken word in that one but it could be the track before :slight_smile:

I think he knows what he heard, Bammers :roll_eyes:

1 Like

sorry

1 Like

haven’t quite finished listening to the entire thing, but yeah, lovely guitar playing as others have said and i particularly liked On This Day

1 Like

Thanks wiggly x

Wiggy

:slight_smile:

Yeah. I know best

1 Like

Anybody else wanna listen?

guess not :frowning:

People should listen to this because it’s really good

Not because I say it’s good but because it actually is good

It’s good bammers

thanks man, that means a lot. I’m feeling pretty disheartened about things at the moment, so your support really helps :slight_smile:

have a great day x

I recognise the feeling, happens to me too, but you shouldn’t get disheartened - ‘reach’ and ‘worth’ are not the same thing

also, I know I’ve mentioned it before but what exactly is stopping you from playing live? Or even putting a band together? I think it would be a great thing for you to do

1 Like

no money and not driving I guess. Seems pretty much impossible

It’s not impossible - taxi + travel expenses + food… minimum for a gig

You write very interesting songs and some of them are really a level above. Your guitar playing is absolutely lovely and you have a character all of your own

What’s more, you getting out there in front of people and testing your songs against a live audience would really improve your craft and spread what you do way beyond just 5 people

I know it’s maybe a daunting prospect and hard to get started but if you do it & it doesn’t work then so be it

But if you don’t do it you may well end up regretting it …and you really don’t want that

thanks for your encouragement :slight_smile: It’s nice to feel like I’m not 100% imitating anybody else, that’s always the biggest fear.

I remember playing live from my band days years back and it really was the best buzz…hopefully one day I will find a way

do it

2 Likes

this is really great - the guitar playing is brilliant and to echo everyone else, everything sounds really warm.
Particularly enjoyed ‘waves’.

also getting a bit of a James Yorkston circa ‘year of the leopard’ vibe in places

Thanks man :slight_smile:

You know I was thinking of Woozy With Cider or whatever it’s called in some of the spoken word parts…more after the fact than at the time but yeah nice spot :slight_smile:

Cheers once again for listening and commenting.

Have a great evening x

Hey Bam, finally gave this a spin over the weekend and really enjoyed it!

I absolutely adored the ‘stream of consciousness’ style lyrics on Thoughts At 29, the soothing way you recite those historical events on On This Day and the layered vocals on Don’t Get Carried Away! All of which are utterly gorgeous. The album just flows really well as a cohesive whole with it’s delicate guitar lines and those crisp drums throughout. It felt like it would be perfectly suited for listening to whilst wandering around on a sunny autumnal afternoon with headphones on and crunchy leaves underfoot.

Cheers again also for those Steely Dan recommendations the other day. Katy Lied and Aja are both great! I never knew that their track Peg was sampled in De La Soul’s Eye Know!

@BodyInTheThames I spotted your album thread also; I’ll give yours a listen too when I get a mo :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like