New Big Thief

Doesn’t really have the immediacy as the first one for me but I’m sure it’ll grow on me.

Overall it’s much sparser but I think each track quietly destroys. Already listened to it twice through this morning!

Heard chastity belt for the first time yesterday when Spotify started playing random songs after I’d played land of talk. Sound really good.

^this

Glad you liked Chastity Belt! I’m not familiar with Land of Talk, will have to investigate. Have you got a favourite album of theirs?

I felt that but I almost prefer it now. Subtly brutal

@jordan_229 - just listened to Life After Youth, quite enjoyed it! Cheers for the recommendation

third album title perhaps or…
the most accurate two word review ever

1 Like

Some of it is simply devastating and like @stupidsexyflanders said absolutely brutal in parts. Loving it so much! Might stick it on for a fourth time…

You got any favourite track?

2 Likes

Only on my second spin so a favourite has yet to reveal itself. The trio of Objects, Haley and Mary is strong though. You got one?

The two singles are obviously great too

Oh yeah that’s a great little run! Likewise, no standalone favourite track yet. Can see this running away as my album of the month already though…

2 Likes

Without doubt. This and Marika Hackman are running away with it so far. As said, this month has been pretty special already and it’s only just begun

They were spot on with the singles they released before the album. Best songs imo but the whole thing hangs together so well. It’s un-fucking-believably great!

Their older stuff is a bit dull. Check out the track “this time”

Entitled to your opinion but I whole heartedly disagree. First album is immaculate

1 Like

You weren’t wrong when you said that I’d dig Marika Hackman’s album - total case of love at first listen!

1 Like

Really like this. ‘Mythological Beauty’ has been wedged in my brain for days. Gorgeous,

Just realised you were replying about something completely different to what I thought. Ignore my misplaced outrage

This a significant step up from Masterpiece (that was a weird sentence to write). Surprised at how varied but cohesive it sounds