New Bjork record!

Sorry that was a bit harsh

You think?

6 Likes

:smiley: excellent implosion there

1 Like

Pretty much my thoughts as I was listening to it. Bjork fans will love it - Bjork haters will hate it - It will change absolutely no-oneā€™s mind about her or her music.

Not exactly a shocking outcome for a musician who has been around for over 20 years

To be fair, a lot of her recent albums have been pretty divisive amongst her fanbase. I can see this one being generally agreed upon as ā€˜one of the good onesā€™ though.

Are you guys actually listening to the album somewhere? Not showing up on Spotify for me yet.

nah i guess press copies are out. out tomorrow for us mere mortals.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not disliked anything sheā€™s put out over the last 10 years, but equally I havenā€™t LOVED anything sheā€™s done in that time period either. Vespertine will always be my favourite, but I still loved Medulla, and even Volta had some great moments on it. But Biophilia onwards, it still seems to me that something I used to connect with in her music has been lost.

ah I see.

believe it has leaked, so is obtainable by illegal means

1 Like

iā€™ll wait for lossless :nerd_face:

The Independent gave it one star - doh!

Listened to it on Monday, and thought it was all very interestingly made and good for her for getting a load of shagging done, hope sheā€™s having a great time, but really very little of it made me want to listen again. The last track is a bit of a banger though. Iā€™d say I love all of her albums except for Volta and Biophilia, which I merely quite like, this one feels like Iā€™m probably going to max out at about 5 listens in my entire lifetime. Somebody out there will think this is amazing, that somebody is not me. I mean, if there were less music in the world Iā€™d probably give this some more time, but Iā€™m just not really into it.

1 Like

This may well be the first Bjƶrk record I donā€™t bother stumping up cash for. Never thought iā€™d see the day.

banging it on now. first track is absolutely lush.

Donā€™t think this is for me. Iā€™ll stick to Homogenic and Vespertine.

It sounds nice overall I guess? But thereā€™s not a single memorable thing on here, or worth much replay. Canā€™t imagine much of this will be particularly thrilling live either.

One listen down. Itā€™s very meandering but thereā€™s still a lot to love. Vulnicura took a while to click, I imagine this will be the same.

1 Like

Really liked Arisen my senses but Iā€™m currently 8 tracks in and I am very, very bored.