New Bond, and the music therein

The recent polls on the best Bond themes were more popular than I’d anticipated. Love a Bond theme, me.

1. Who do you think will do the theme for the new Bond film?

2. Who do you want to do the theme for the new Bond film?

For me, 1 - Lewis Capaldi or Gary Barlow.

2 - would love Nick Cave, maybe Arctic Monkeys would do a decent one. Would be interesting to hear a more hip hop style artist having a pop though, like Kanye 10 years ago or Kendrick.

1 Like

Seeing Lewis Capaldi on SPOTY last night gave me a satisfying opportunity to explain to my children who The Flumps were and how much he looks like one.

image https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiB1pq39rrmAhVO1BoKHYTCA40QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnostalgiacentral.com%2Ftelevision%2Ftv-by-decade%2Ftv-shows-1970s%2Fflumps%2F&psig=AOvVaw3E-SeDUyHj1S3qIT3b42s7&ust=1576611699264843

4 Likes
  1. Capaldi, Sheeran, someone of that ilk
  2. Goldfrapp, Radiohead (properly), Portishead
2 Likes

Struggling to think of a worse concept than an Ed Sheeran Bond theme. Give it Lana del Reh til the end of the season

13 Likes

To be fair a very fun answer would be Janelle Monae.

9 Likes

Burial

12 Likes

Bit crazy Alex Turner hasn’t done one yet.
Half those Last Shadow Puppets songs are basically Bond themes.

5 Likes

Bond theme by Grandpa flump on the flumpet.

2 Likes

Be quite surprised if they hadn’t asked Ed S tbh. They always want the most popular artist regardless don’t they.

Lana really although maybe it’s too obvious?

Reckon it’ll be one of yer Dua Lipas or Sias or someone of that ilk.
I would like to hear a Casiotone For The Painfully Alone, Los Campesinos or Four Tet Bond theme.

1 Like

Lizzo maybe?

2 Likes

The carpenters

Double O feckin bollix!

5 Likes

Lana Del Rey would be amazing. I’ve always wanted Bjork to do one (and she sort of did when she recorded Play Dead). Portishead would be brilliant.

It’ll probably be someone rubbish though.

It’ll be the 1975. Definitely.

Still should be Love Is A Losing Game by Amy Winebar:

It has that sensual twisting melody that sort of fit late 60s / early 70s Bonds, and most of Craig’s films have had ‘love’ as a theme in some way.

2 Likes

Boards of Canada.

Primal Scream?

1. Coldplay have to be safe contenders. Surprised they haven’t done it already. Thunderbore.

2. Some solid suggestions above (LDR would be great). Will also throw Father John Misty or maybe even Michael Kiwanuka into the mix. Either could pull off the vocals for it. Probably not quite mainstream popular enough though.

Fugazi. Come out of retirement, do a Bond theme, don’t play any gigs.

4 Likes