New clichés of American cinema

A group of friends will walk side by side in slow motion down the pavement

An innocent looking elderly lady will say something uncharacteristically explicit

5 Likes

Breathy acoustic cover after emotional denouement.

1 Like

A lady will sit cross-legged on sofa one evening with a small dash of red wine in a large glass. She’ll flip open her MacBook.

8 Likes

Not new, but I was thinking last night how the best scenes in films are always when somebody, either a worried parent, or an out-of-their-depth police officer, goes to a loud nightclub to find somebody.

6 Likes

the language of fascism in a superhero costume

5 Likes

Batman dropping an f-bomb

4 Likes

zac efron knowingly being shit but still being a bit shit

Just imagining Batman having to queue up and put black socks over his shoes to get in
2 Likes

The “we’re not so different you and I” banter.

2 Likes

Protagonist and antagonist firing some mystical/supernatural force at one another which meets in the middle as a large glowing ball of energy.

1 Like

And going in one hell of a v-neck in some cases

6 Likes

Characters taking ecstasy is all over films and TV atm and they never act even remotely close to how people do in real life.

drone captured footage scanning over the top of a neighbourhood.

4 Likes

had a previous manager say this to me once

2 Likes

Some boffin excitedly scrawling a big equation up on a blackboard whilst inspirational music plays

1 Like

were they correct?

Maybe not limited to cinema, but two (or more) characters will be having a conversation about someone or something, maybe being quite derogatory about the situation or talking about something incredibly personal and then the camera will pan out and their bank manager will be sitting there or there was someone else there the whole time

It’s Always Sunny have used this joke format approx 736383 times

5 Likes

It’s literally always funny as well tbf. A truly great bit.

7 Likes

Oh for sure

1 Like