New clichés of American cinema

You know how old movies have credits at the start? I prefer that.

3 Likes

No way! You can’t turn it off or leave!

Sometimes there are ultra slow motion shots of characters staring down the barrel of the camera and throwing something (money/glitter) in the air so it lands around them and it looks cool for some reason

Gives the director a chance to do something interesting, also means I can faff about before settling down properly.

Absolute gospel this. I have enormous respect when a modern film does a proper opening credit sequence

4 Likes

Speed wank challenge

What?

This is why you’re banned from blockbuster

1 Like

Just amused at the idea of trying to finish yourself off before the film starts

All coming up seems should cease to exist after how good they did it in Beats.

1 Like

Ah right, yeah. I suppose that is fairly funny

2 Likes

:crazy_face:

5 Likes

Long scenes with no cuts, each more gratuitous than the last

2 Likes

Opening scene of a series is for no real reason taken from a point in the timeline that we won’t reach until episode 8. It will be presented as a massive cliffhanger but turn out to be a fairly irrelevant moment. I honestly think they just make the whole series and then look for a clip they can just copy and paste into the opening credits.

5 Likes

nice to have a film just say ‘end’ and then stop too

2 Likes

Grief eating an entire chocolate pie in a single shot

2 Likes

Or, for a touch of class…

6 Likes

“DUN”

1 Like

Character X saying something like ‘character Y really likes me and we’re great friends’ then a quick cut to character Y somewhere else saying ‘I hate character X’

Feel like arrested development is responsible for this

Arrested Development with a mix of Edgar Wright? I blame him entirely for jump cuts