Cloud Nothings 2023 - New single 'Final Summer' out now.

At rushing/being over the top you mean?

I fucking love that style of drumming.

I find it mostly quite distracting “let’s play these already fast songs a million times faster just to throw the rest of the band off, while simultaneously making me look great! yay!”

has Cian Nugent been supporting?

Woah! Didn’t know he was supporting them! That’s class. Really like Cian, he’s a sound feen.

1 Like

apparently so! saw him post a poster on instagram the other day

1 Like

Classsssss!

Yeah he was, he seemed decent but everyone talked over him

Cloud nothings were fucking mint tonight in MCR. Support from the Irish lad was great too. He was hanging after paddys last night

Ahahahaha! Fair play to him. He goes hard alright.

Fucking wish Cloud Nothings were coming to Ireland. I suppose the poor turnouts last time around turned them off. Only twenty people were at the Cork show in 2014.

not sure why i didn’t go down to the Dublin one. must have been working

Went to the Glasgow gig on Friday. Exactly what I needed - Loud, fast, shouty. Every gap between songs filled with feedback and discordant noise. Loved it.

Had a similar situation seeing them at the Glasgow leg of the Here and Nowhere Else tour. Show in general was fantastic. But there was a really awkward part where he started talking about the fire that had happened at the art school earlier in the day, and a group in the crowd started cheering and wooping. He (understandably) interpreted it as drunk gig-goers being wankers and gave them a pretty harsh talking to, at which point it turned out that they were students who’d lost some of their work in the fire. He was pretty mortified and spend pretty much every gap in between songs afterwards mumbling apologies.

He also got kicked in the face by a crowd-surfer during I’m Not Part of Me, and barely missed a note. That was more impressive

Sounds like there was Phil Collins related beeves last night at the Brudenell resulting in them storming off 20 mins early.

“Phil Collins related beeves”?

check the replies

Strange…

lol

That’s so weird- sounds like they’ve been pretty irritable on tour so far.

yeah, feels like there is something else going on here maybe.

1 Like