Cloud Nothings 2023 - New single 'Final Summer' out now.

New stuff sounds like Elvis Costello fronting Jimmy Eat World.

they are sounding a bit like Jimmy Eat World here actually yeah. like an awkward compromise between the early stuff and the noisy stuff

1 Like

I for one quite like the mellow vibe from the two new tracks. But then again I’m old and boring.

album leaked a few days ago. Haven’t listened to it yet, though

Have to review it later on. Will let you know what it’s like.

Not sure about this. But we’ll see when it’s complete as an album.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It’s just a bit Dandy Warhols in isolation. But it might all work in the album, y’know?

Guys. Fuck those singles. The album starts slowly enough but is great by the end. Proper full on Dylan Baldi tearing his lungs out screaming great.

4 Likes

Yep, agree. Wasn’t sure on first listen but after the second it does seem to come together. It’s not the 1000mph of Here and Nowhere Else, but has it’s big ballsy moments for sure.

This is what I wanted to hear.

they’re basically trying to be Weezer now

I THOUGHT
I WOULD
BE MORE
THAN THIS

3 Likes

Oooh, what’s wrong with the Koko? I’ve never been and was about to book tickets…

Don’t really mind it myself but the sound’s not really the best and you can end up standing in some pretty uncomfortable positions to get a good view.

2 Likes

Also it’s considerably bigger than everywhere else they are playing

1 Like

Thanks both…hopefully it’ll be worth it!

Can see this being a huge grower. Bit underwhelmed on first listen but that was immediately after the new Japandroids and it was a bit of a surprise that he was singing and there were quieter bits. On my second listen now and it’s really good

The more I listen the better it gets

4 Likes