New David Simon show 'The Deuce'

You gonna watch, aye?

i saw a trailer for this last night - yeah, I think so.

aye probably

sounds good apart from 2 x james franco

music is gonna be so lit - hope Simon uses the soundtrack in the same way as Shoe Me a Hero.

4 Likes

2 Likes

He can be okay sometimes. I’ll be watching, aye.

fucks sake.

Aye

things set in the 70s have a tendency to be a bit ‘look at the silly clothes, now here’s a string of really obvious 70s hits to remind you what decade this is set in’. remember how shit Vinyl definitely was (I didn’t watch it). I trust David Simon not to be good though

Cheese and D’Angelo! Anyone else from the wire?

Probs will watch it, really liked show me a hero

1 Like

Malcolm Middleton has ftfy

Yeah it’s definitely a worry and the trailer has its share of that but show me a hero was still great even though it was full of 80s period detail

1 Like
2 Likes

just watched the pilot and it’s amazing. so so good, in a wire kinda way

2 Likes

Is it online?

to torrent, yeah.

2 Likes

every david simon thing has a scene where a character says “this is america”

1 Like

Yep the pilot was fantastic. Definitely get that Wire-ish sense of fly on the wall realism, but very stylish at the same time (setting/context probably helps a lot with that). Some lovely little snippets of background music, as to be expected, and solid acting all round - props to Franco tbh, forgot I was watching James Franco fairly quickly. Playing “spot the Wire actors” was great fun as well. Top stuff, really looking forward to carrying on!

1 Like

yep, Chris Partlow is in it

not a bad start - not sure it’s amazing - but definitely worth a go

look and feel so much like that horrible Vinyl show - i think it will pull away from that though

i’ve never really been into the one actor playing twins thing, but Franco did pretty well I think