New DiS does Lisbon (again!)

If there’s Lego for me to see in Lisbon then I’d be very interested.

They’re not about at the mo, probably slacking, so I’ll ask when I see them.

1 Like

Fair enough man! I’ve only had them from Belem so can’t compare but they were absolute perfection. Not experienced a treat which is so perfectly balanced between flavour and texture before. Just a remarkable thing.

There’s not a lot to do in Lisbon.

The older trams are nice, i guess.

1 Like

Actually, one thing relevant, i found Lisbon really good for lower league football. There are four top flight clubs - Benfica, Sporting, Estoril and Beleneses (who play in Belem). They’re mostly quite easy to get to on the train, or in the latter case the overground tram. Didn’t go to Estoril. Vitoria Setubal is just over the sea on the train, nice enough journey but not really worth the trip.

Beneath the Primeira Liga, though, a huge amount of lower league clubs are in or within an easy journey of Lisbon. The third tier and below are regionalised, think there’s a 12-club third tier league based solely around Lisbon, then an 18ish club league below, and the standards not dreadful. Found a nice club called Oriental who seemed to pick up a reasonable bit of (non-British) ex-pat support.

The internet tells me there are 96 clubs in or around Lisbon.

I’m going in Feb!
GIMME RECS.

The Pastel De Nata debate is REALLY important to me (because I will be eating loads even though they’re not vegan)

Have you found the old Lisbon threads, or do you want new recommendations?

Enjoyed Castillo de S. Jorge
Also went to the zoo, which was surprisingly large and decent; spent pretty much a whole day there)
Other than that, just ambled around and ate burgers really.

I’ve had a little look but wondering if there were any new recommendations from the last year.

I like nice coffee shops and cocktails.

Oh, okay. I’ve nothing to add from previous threads, unfortunately - we went nearly 10 years ago and I’d love to go back there.

I’ll have a read back though anyway! Thanks!
I never really like to do too much on breaks, just a lot of walking and mooching and Lisbon looks nice for that!

Oh, it is, definitely. If you have the time, I’d recommend a day trip out to Sintra as well, and if you’ve got time to kill on the way to airport, then the aquarium is well worth a trip.

1 Like

The bar on the multi-storey car park is nice.

If you do find some nice vegan places I’d love to hear about them please :slight_smile:
Enjoy the trip :smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’d definitely make a trip to Sintra. Plus to Espinho for the market if you’ll be there on a Monday

best city in the world really innit. definitely go sintra too

1 Like

Agree Sintra is worth a visit. There’s a train that goes there from Lisbon along the coast, so you can enjoy the view.

Oohhh this all looks fab thank you!

And @Matt_was_taken I will try to seek out the vegan places!

Perfect place for two or three days.

You’d die of boredom if you went for a fortnight.

Lisbon is my favourite place. It’s not a massive city so ideal to just wander around. We accidentally stumbled upon a few incredible viewing spots where you can have a drink or coffee and look out over the city. Can’t remember the names of the cafes I went to but I remember all of the coffee being nice.

There are a lot of cool bars around Barrio Alto though it can get busy. The PARK bar, that’s been mentioned has good views but was full of drunk English people. My favourite place was called Pensão Amor, in the former red light district - really nice cocktails.

Definitely have a wander through Afalma, the old town. Very hilly but has tiny narrow streets and colourful houses and old trams - you can get nice food from any of the small family restaurants there for mad cheap.

Sintra definitely worth the trip. I went in summer so also checked out Cascais, (20/25 min train away from the centre, for like €4 return). The main highlight there is the beach so not sure if worth it in Feb? Obviously not ideal as you’re vegan/vegetarian but there’s a restaurant there called Moules and Gin which was incredible (worth it for just the gin if you do venture out there).

Enjoy!

1 Like