New football grounds you've been to / Pervo does the 92

Ticked off Vicarage Road on Tuesday. Delayed again this time by trains. great ground, lethargic fans. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because it was Carabao but wow, they were so meek.

Off to the Abbey Stadium (Cambridge) today with friends. No new ones booked after this until 17th September (Spurs v Leicester) but probably will bite the bullet and get Burnley tickets for 9th September this week, if there are any left. The travel situation will be quite dicey but should be able to make it work.

I’m also meant to be in Newcastle for work in the week of Carabao round 3 and they have a home tie to Palace :heart_eyes: St James’ Park (northern) would be a fantastic one to tick off without needing to pay for the train fare. Potentially a Tuesday night in Cardiff in October or November but we’ll see…

4 Likes

got my ticket for Bournemouth away earlier this week, never been before so that’s at least one new ground ticked off this season, or will be on 1st October I guess!

1 Like

In the @Funkhouser manor.

Looking to make it five defeats out of five.

No Salcombe Gold, alas. But found a Proper Job at last.

4 Likes

If needed I could get you a ticket in the Palace end.

1 Like

How did they get on?

Bashed 4-1.

But, lovely ground, lovely day and an extremely warm welcome.

1 Like

@TheBarbieMovie2023 Burnley-Norwich rearranged to Tuesday, October 25th at 8 pm and all tickets are still valid. Maybe see you there

No way unfortunately, it was always unlikely to happen for the rearranged match but I’m definitely in the south that week :frowning: might be going to Turf Moor on 12th(?) November though!

Ah ok. Well you’ve picked a helluva new game to go to! Quite possibly the world’s greatest derby.

1 Like

:white_check_mark: Kenilworth Road (Luton 2 - 2 Coventry)

next up:
:one: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (Spurs v Leicester)
:two: Selhurst Park (Palace Women v Southampton Women)
:three: Plough Lane (AFC Wimbledon v Crawley)

possibly Cardiff City Stadium in early October but we’ll see.

the Spurs game is a 5.30 kick-off, Cheshunt (almost opposite a station that is a few stops along on the Overground, 12 min journey, BUT trains are only half hourly) are at home in the FA Cup at 3pm and Angels are playing them next week (I’m at a wedding so can’t go). would be quite bantastic to do two games in one day. should I…

• Go to the Cheshunt game to scope them out/tick off the ground and then scamper off ASAP at full time to get train to White Hart Lane, hoping there’s no issue with the 17:04 Overground service
  • Don’t be stupid, this is your first Premier League game and you keep being late to games by misjudging your timings

0 voters

2 Likes

I would probably just go to the Spurs match, mostly cos I’d spend half the Cheshunt match worrying if I’ll get to the Spurs match on time. that might be just me though.

enjoyed my visit to Spurs last season, very impressive stadium imo. shame we were pretty rubbish and lost comfortably but eh, can’t win them all. good one to tick off!

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be badass to do both and if the service was every 15 mins I’d do it but being completely reliant on one train is making my life needlessly stressful i think

I should just be glad the strike is off and I can easily get to the game!

Just watch the first half at cheshunt

1 Like

I did two games in a day a few years ago (Walsall vs Shrewsbury 15:00 and Villa vs Wolves 17:30) and while it was fun and definitely had a feeling of being badass, I was bored and kind of emotionally exhausted by the second half of the Villa game. Kind of an obvious observation, but it’s so much more emotionally draining watching games live, especially as the Spurs game will be huge crowd, take time to get out of the ground etc.

1 Like

I think I’d feel like a bit of a fraud only seeing the first half tbh. I suppose I’d see quite a bit of the second half but would still feel like it didn’t quite count. Going to leave it on this occasion, shame there’s not an extra 15 mins between games really

If it was Cheshunt v Tonbridge I’d definitely go though

:one: in :four: (aka :two: :three: ) of :nine: :two: :heavy_equals_sign: :white_check_mark: :bangbang:

:one: Home Park, Plymouth Argyle (October 2011)
:two: Stamford Bridge, Chelsea (July 2014)
:three: Priestfield, Gillingham (December 2014)
:four: Elland Road, Leeds United (April 2015)
:five: Broadfield Stadium, Crawley Town (August 2021)
:six: Wetherby Road, Harrogate Town (September 2021)
:seven: Sincil Bank, Lincoln City (January 2022)
:eight: Gander Green Lane, Sutton United (March 2022)
:nine: Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient :nauseated_face: :x: (March 2022)
:keycap_ten: Madejski Stadium, Reading (April 2022)
:clock11: Old Trafford, Man United (July 2022)
:clock12: Brentford Community Stadium, Brentford (July 2022)
:one: :three: Amex Stadium, Brighton and Hove Albion (July 2022)
:one: :four: John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield Town (July 2022)
:one: :five: Valley Parade, Bradford City (July 2022)
:one: :six: The Valley, Charlton (August 2022)
:one: :seven: Ashton Gate, Bristol City (August 2022)
:one: :eight: Vicarage Road, Watford (August 2022)
:one: :nine: Abbey Stadium, Cambridge United (August 2022)
:two: :zero: Kenilworth Road, Luton Town (September 2022)
:two: :one: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Spurs (September 2022)
:two: :two: Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace (September 2022)
:two: :three: Plough Lane, AFC Wimbledon (September 2022)

Up next?

Actually, none booked. I am currently determining which of 1/2 October and 15/16 October is a superior groundhoption, gonna try and get tickets to West Ham v Anderlecht, might do QPR. Was considering Cardiff v Blackburn in a fortnight but can do it when I’m in Bristol in November instead. We’ll see!

6 Likes

Your latest groundhop Insta post revealed we have a mutual friend :eyes:

Whaaaaaat how on earth do you know her??? She’s one of my friends from school and one of the funniest people I know

ASLEF are striking on 1st October so… decision made!

Looks like my schedule is Tranmere, Fleetwood and Sheffield United (Women) and includes my first groundhop hostel stay, as well as my first scrounging stay off a DiSer. There’s a possibility of doing 6 games in 7 days here (that trio is sandwiched between West Ham, Stevenage and QPR games). That seems a bit silly, but I think that would be my entire league groundhopping itinerary for October :thinking:

Did Charlton the other week, The Valley is a fine ground, I love the fact that yo can see the extent of the old ground still behind the current stands. Going again in a few weeks for Charlton v Pompey.

Other new grounds of recent weeks include:

Swindon Supermarine
Plymouth Parkway
Potton United
Crawley Green (they play at Luton’s training ground - someone had left a dossier on Stoke City laying around)

Coming up I have:

Sandhurst Town (for a Bracknell game on Monday, hopefully)
Winchester City
North Leigh
Poole Town

And potentially Herne Bay if our FA Cup tie goes to a replay.

1 Like