New football grounds you've been to / Pervo does the 92

Fantastic stuff :smiley:

1 Like

i got one of these as a pressie, reckon big scratchcard is behind it. is odd- oxford stadium bigger than old trafford, ‘+ 8 bonus teams’. i’m at 32, which is just inside the ‘serious respect’ category, phew!
Stunning Football Stadium Scratch-Off Map - gift for men – Football Stadium Maps

1 Like

I’m gonna ask for one of these for Christmas I think! It’s sending me that Boreham Wood are on there :smiley:

1 Like

If you’re a keen follower of this thread and are happy to offer a sofa to crash on in any of the following cities, please do let me know because my friends are not spread out very well geographically and I’m a massive scrounger x

Manchester
Birmingham
Newcastle
Blackpool (no one lives near Blackpool on DiS do they?? but worth asking)
Sheffield
Cardiff/Bristol

Seriously I know it’s a dick move to be this brazen but I dunno, worth a go I suppose?! :smiley: Obviously pints on me!

(thank you to the couple of DiSers who have very kindly offered to put me up, absolute gems x)

1 Like

useful if you get cold turkey after finishing advent calendar!

those ‘stunning’ and ‘gift for men’ descriptors :laughing:

1 Like

Does anyone on here use the Futbology app?

Yes! And also footballgroundmap (@petaflop). Happy to add/accept any friend requests - just DM if you wanna add my futbology account

1 Like

Not a 92 entry but probably going to go to Angels away at Hemel Hempstead. Annoyingly the easiest and quickest way to get there is to go to St Alban’s and get a bus. I don’t mind doing it on the way there, but what a faff on the way home - it’s a half hour wait :frowning: I’m trying to see if I can get a lift back to Kent off anyone.

Also talk that our Tuesday night in November game against Concord Rangers might be moved to Saturday… hopefully my brother is up for a road trip to Essex?

Also, Bristol Rovers v Crystal Palace U21s in the Papa John’s Trophy is now on the cards. I wanted to see a league game at the Mem but they’ve got very few Tuesday night home fixtures in the league and my work pals (and work pal’s boyfriend who is a Rovers supporter) are up for going, so why not?!

The Mem is such a daft little ground, it’s lots of fun. Highly recommend the Lazy Dog for a pre-match drink.

1 Like

Very excited - I’m very fond of them and have seen a handful of away games, so almost certainly will do a league game in future to get the full experience.

realised that my trip to Bournemouth on Saturday was slightly complicated by there being a train strike this weekend, which renders the train tickets I bought a bit pointless. I’m now getting a coach and got a refund on my train tickets, so not too bad but bit of a faff - will be my first new ground of the season though so that’s good.

now trying to figure out whether to get tickets for Man City away - the Saturday 12:30 kickoff time doesn’t leave a lot of time beforehand, and the trains seem to be infrequent and can’t be booked in advance til much closer cos Avanti are mugs. last match before Christmas though… :thinking:

@he_2 how was Winch?

It was good - such a friendly bunch. Ground is a bit on the basic side, but does the job.

We were a bit fortunate to come away with a point, decent crowd of very nearly 300 and a bunch of ladzzzz on a stag do getting royally bantered by a dozen or so 13 year olds.

Tanked by an infuriating, useless ticket machine at St Pancras which defeated me after a shit day. We lost so probably a good thing I didn’t go anyway

Tanked by Great Western striking for four straight days. Really fucking unsettled by the fact that localised action could have got me stuck 100+ miles away for like four days and now very paranoid about what other action is happening that I’ve missed, especially with my trip to the north next weekend.

Could go to Stevenage v Sutton tomorrow night but the trains will likely be squiffy late at night before the strikes on Wednesday so probably best to leave it.

Feeling pretty down about things to be honest. Don’t think I realised how much this is doing to keep me motivated/sane during these horrible times.

train issues have tanked a couple of my planned away matches, whether that’s strikes or the matches getting rescheduled for Sundays (Villa away), Saturday lunchtimes (Man City away) or the train companies just not bothering to release tickets til like a week away (also Man City away). made the effort for Bournemouth cos coaching it seemed reasonable, but I’m a bit put off stuff further afield cos I just don’t believe I will actually be able to go without a massive faff

annoying innit

1 Like

went to Bournemouth for the first time on Saturday

I knew their ground was a bit small by PL standards but it was smaller than I expected, and I liked that - given that Bournemouth v Brentford was literally a League Two fixture in 2009 it felt a bit more like matches I’d have gone to in years gone by.

match itself wasn’t great, finished 0-0, neither team did enough to deserve to win imo.

the train strike induced coach trip was a faff though, as were the two buses to get to/from Central London for the coach itself, especially with the one on the way back being an hour late but eh, nice day out

puts me on the dizzy heights of 18 out of the current 92!

4 Likes

So annoying. I feel your pain :frowning: Bournemouth is a nice one to tick off. One of my best friends lives there so hopefully soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

yeah definitely, ignoring the football part of things it was nice just going down to Bournemouth, seeing the sea, getting rinsed by the 2p machines in the arcade (there was a bee themed one, I thought it was a sign, it was not) etc so good day out imo!

1 Like

Conference got cancelled.

Was still going to go but now there’s a train strike on the Wednesday.

Fucking gutted.

My groundhop insta has been suspended?? What the fuck

Edit: ok it looks like loads of people are experiencing this