New Grizzly Bear

Tomorrow I guess

1 Like

I’ve never like GB before but this album has some amazing songs on it.

Just got tickets for the Kingston show - can’t wait, haven’t seen them since they played the Roundhouse with Beach House a few years back.

I was at that gig too and likewise haven’t seen them since! Great sets from both bands that night I thought.

So whats the consensus on this?

It’s absolutely bloody lovely.

Rather good but, possibly, the four tracks released in advanced are the strongest.

1 Like

Agreed, but they are amazing. If we’re looking at tracks released ahead of the album as the modern equivalent of singles, this probably makes sense anyway.

1 Like

it’s excellent, cheers

Do you think maybe you’re just more familiar with them/have spent more time with them? Maybe the rest of the album will be as good for you?

I didn’t listen to the singles so they don’t really stand out above the others for me, is all.

It’s brilliant, and very much rewards repeat listens. I do wish Three Rings was the closer though.

i like Sky Took Hold a lot

Maybe, early days with the rest of it.

It’s amazing

Probably in my top three this year, on repeated listens. Still a couple of biggies to come though…

Samesies.

1. Soulwax
  2. King Gizzard…
  3. This

AS IT STANDS. I’ve heard Soulwax many more times.

I listend to Veckatimist, as my first experience of the band, the day before the new one came out. Having known of the band’s existence for years I haven’t a clue why I didn’t check them out before. Needless to say I’m loving everything about them so far and can’t wait to get stuck into the rest of their stuff :bear:

1 Like

Still forming an opinion of the album (largely due to the second half), but I adore Mourning Sound. Probably my second fave song of theirs (first being Yet Again, naturally).

Def do yellow house

3 Likes

and Shields

2 Likes