Kendrick Lamar LP hype thread 2017

yeah I thought it was really really awesome, one of the best things I had heard in years!

Full disclaimer: I know very little about rap & hip-hop and am also fully aware that my opinion is irrelevant.

Have done a few more Nation/reverse listens now and the theory holds up big time IMO. The clever bastard.

listen to more!

3 Likes

Itā€™s pretty fuckinā€™ great eh?

Bugger credentials, if it makes yr head nod youā€™re onto a winner.

yeah, I just donā€™t like the production on DAMN as much as anything, sounds a bit boring and flat to me.

1 Like

Lots of growers on it pal and lots to unpack lyrically that force the beats to work their magic as youā€™re unpacking it.

Nah itā€™s fair enough mate! Letā€™s be fair tpab was a massively colourful sound, who doesnā€™t like a weirdo rap free jazz opus?

1 Like

yeah, Iā€™m often not in the mood for anything too intense sounding these days, maybe Iā€™ll have to put it on as a running playlist or something

1 Like

Listened to this about 15 times in the last couple of days:

I donā€™t either. And iā€™ve listened to rap music for 30 years

Yeah this isnā€™t my favorite, but itā€™s good. Kinda sucks some of it is being used for the NBA playoffs intro videos and for highlights and such cos itā€™s already made me tired of it.

Iā€™d say itā€™s my least favourite of the four proper LPs atm but the still pretty great and itā€™s an album I think will age well

Iā€™d say the same which speaks way more about the calibre of his output in general than it does about Damn as itā€™s still by far and away the best thing Iā€™ve heard this year and would probably be second only to Noname from last year as well tbh.

1 Like

Every time thereā€™s new posts in here I get excited that itā€™s tour dates :frowning:

5 Likes

What about this time? As far as I know, there are no tour dates.

Very cruel

(Still no tour)

:rotating_light: Still no tour alarm :rotating_light:

2 Likes

ARGH

Finally confirmed this

1 Like

Dislike the thinking behind this decision.

Why didnā€™t you just sequence the album that way to begin with if it sounds better.

3 Likes