Kendrick Lamar LP hype thread 2017

alright, mystic meg

raises too many questions about which of his four previous albums heā€™s referring to as his three previous albums

really? nah, section 80, maad kid, tpab.

Did find it odd people were assuming that was the artwork, and title. Itā€™s just a teaser, surely?

6 Likes

Erm, wow. Out april 7th then?

pretty cool way of announcing it

1 Like

Bet itā€™s to announce a new trainer collaboration with addidas or something.

1 Like

Just listened - fuck heā€™s so good at this. That first breakdown put a massive smile on my face. Surely he canā€™t be dropping on the 7th?!

I guess itā€™s not like he went on tour after TPAB. Must have been upto somethingā€¦

This is mouth watering.

1 Like

This is already up on todal. Lossless (drool)

1 Like

Tidal :frog:

1 Like

Spotify too.

Iā€™m hoping that office supervisors everywhere today are giving Janet from accounts ā€œuntil April 7th to get your shit togetherā€ for all those lapsed reports that are due on their desks

2 Likes

Laughed out loud at ā€˜ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVEā€™ and referring to Big Sean as ā€˜Lil Shitā€™

the production on that new track is fucking abysmal. flat and monotonous, like someone slung their mateā€™s iPhone freestyle over an ableton sample pack beat. zoned out twice listening to it, the monotony was suffocating. pretty disappointed. then those garbage sounding 808s kicked in at the end and i genuinely wondered if you lot are in cahoots with kendrick lamar to punk the boards.

hopefully the actual album doesnā€™t sound like this cookie cutter shit.

mate itā€™s a freestyle to get people hyped for the album

1 Like

even more reason to worry imo tbh.

How does that make any sense? He hasnā€™t wasted a great beat/bothered mastering a non-album track that only serves to announce the release date of something? Time to panic!

If Kendrickā€™s record is anything to go by, this will intentionally sound nothing like whatā€™s on the album either.

whoah

6 Likes