New Liam Gallagher track

Are we sure he’s even written these lyrics then? I thought he was working with writers, or is that just the music?

Judging by the songs we wrote in Oasis this definitely sounds lyrically all the work of LG

Have you ever played with plastercine
Or even tried a trampoline

A man can never dream these kind of things
Especially when she came and spread her wings

1 Like

There are some absolute belter lines in ‘Little James’

I also like how he named ‘Songbird’ ‘because it was a song about his bird’.

3 Likes

Sounds like Liam’s annual “I don’t know if you knew but I LOVE The Beatles” track

Quite like the two tracks I’ve heard so far.

1 Like

are you all being serious? this is fucking terrible. i know ‘what’s a european?’ is meant to be deep but it makes me think of ralph wiggum

5 Likes

speaking of terrible lyricists, i need to start a thread on Kele’s new album

Will you pass me down the wine
It’s getting near that time
What you got tomorrow?
Only pain and sorrow

The rest of the lyrics to that song are crap but as an opening 4 lines, he could’ve done worse

(song was from ages ago but written by Liam i think)

‘What is clocks?’ ’ What’s a European’. Really clunky attempt to be 'current.
Didn’t mind ‘Wall of Glass’, but this is dreadful and the video is like a parody.
If there were a bad lyrics award, currently this track and ‘Charm Assault’ by Ride (‘As your lies begin to unfurl…’) would be winning, for this year anyway. Kasabian in the running as well, as ever.

Absolute dogshit, guys.

And what the hell has happened to his voice? Sounds all nasal and shite.

Shite voice, shite lyrics, shite song.

Also he is turning into James Milner.

He’s been like that for about 15 years, man.

Eesh. I think the last Oasis song I liked was The Importance of Being Idle, which was Noel. Last time I liked a Liam song was probably Go Let It Out, which was what, 2000?

I wish I’d never found out about this latter day shit voiced Liam – that’s all he had going for him.

Ha never thought of it like that but so True. Those two can entertain for hours just as a talking head. Liam was excellent in both live forever and supersonic docs. Noel is probably the worst lyricist ever (except for gas panic) but comes out with such great stuff all the rest of the time. Odd

Tbf amusing cheap insults and unbelievable, almost laughable arrogance might not translate that well into a song

it was about 96/97 that it went, was so so good before then

Yep - true - but worth a try, and I think the right co-writer, coaching him in that direction could easily get gold. Best of all, Liam could back it up and give a shit. How can anyone expect him to care about saying ‘wall of glass’ over and over?

Not for me but these do seem like tracks that have had a lot of money put into them to make them commercially successful - just something about the production seems to fit very neatly alongside the big current chart acts without going full on Calvin Harris.

Seems like Liam is really playing the game as well - has slimmed down, got rid of the stupid haircut, is being directed in the videos to do the rock star posturing but hold a little back so it doesn’t become too cliched. I don’t know about his voice but I’d say he has been given some vocal direction as well to tone down the nasal affectation, whilst obviously still doing the ‘rock vocalist’ thing that a lot of people like.

Maybe people have just had all the Oasis they need but he does at least seem to be making an effort.

Still terrible of course.

3 Likes

I used to think you were cool

Annoyingly I keep on having wall of glass in my head. There’s something about the shitty production on that, I swear