New Malkmus & the Jicks

New song from stevie boy. Ultimate musical comfort food for me, rinsed Real Emotional Trash, Mirror Traffic and Wig Out At Jagbags and am bound to do the same with the forthcoming one.

6 Likes

yessssssssssss

Wig Out at Jagbags has become my favourite Jicks record. Always going back to it. Self titled is mint too.

His debut S/T is better than any Pavement album for me.

2 Likes

yaaaaaaaas this is exciting

ooooo i would never go that far, but it is a belter

3 Likes

His debut is one that I’ve never been able to take an objective view of. I was away for an entire summer with a Walkman and two cassettes - one with Stephen Malkmus and Pinkerton, the other with White Blood Cells and Supergrass’s self-titled album. All four seem to be hard-wired into my brain now - They’ll always be classics to me, regardless of changing tastes, etc.

3 Likes

Playing Glasgow in October, would imagine there’s a U.K. tour as well but I can’t be bothered looking to see where else they’re playing

1 Like

those are 4 rad albums

wish i was an indie kid in the tape era

October
17 Manchester Albert Hall
18 Glasgow SWG3
19 Dublin Vicar Street
21 Bristol SWX
22 Birmingham The Asylum
24 London Hackney Arts Centre
25 Brighton Concorde 2

SWX is ballsy given his ticket selling past in Bristol (Thekla 100 or so, Anson Rooms about the same).

Vicar Street just before my birthday! YEEEEAH!

:frowning: plz come further south malky boy

cool session with some kind of electronic music he’s made in between lovely ramshackle acoustic stuff new and old.

odd video. His speaking voice is kind of annoying. New music sounds great though.

Just got around to watching this. Really looking forward to the album now.

New solo album (i.e. no Jicks) out March 15th. First song here:

Really in to this.

7 Likes

Spiral Stairs releasing his new record on March 15th too.

Gonna be some chart battle for Number 1 spot that week I can tell you!

2 Likes