**New** Mental Health Thread (2018)

mate, I’m so sorry. don’t hit the booze, try and talk to people and just be around people. hope you’re coping, obviously it’ll just be weird and sad rn x

and yeah, same as everyone else, if you want someone to talk to about how you’re feeling, I’m here

I’m really sorry.

If there is anything any of us can do to help you, please reach out to us. We’re here for you.

I’m so sorry. As above if you need anything at all no matter how trivial, you know we’re here.

To answer your question, I have no idea how that can happen. And by letter four weeks on- I have no words.
Please know that you are very much loved by people on here. I am so sorry this has happened to you. Please don’t suffer by yourself. xx

Just seen this mate.

So so sorry to hear this. Can’t imagine what you’re thinking or going through right now. Take good care of yourself and we’re all here (I’m here by PM) if you ever need anything.

Is it possible to have physical symptoms of anxiety without being sure that anxiety is causing them? I’ve been having tension headaches and feelings of fatigue / a bit of nausea and a few other things recently, given the situations they can almost be guaranteed to occurr in, I can see how it could be an anxiety thing… but I can’t necessarily 100% connect them to anxiety. Like it could just as easily be needing to eat more maybe, or sensitivity to light / screens but I dunno.

Ah, shite mate. Sorry to hear this. Hope you are holding up as best as can be.

Can everyone’s dads stop dying please :frowning:

How do mood stabilizers compare to antidepressants? (If you don’t mind me asking)

Mood stabilisers are designed to prevent moods from hurtling up and down, antidepressants are designed to lift someone out of depression.

Mood stabilisers are mostly used to “quiet” manic phases, more than to treat depression. I take lamotrigine (as a mood stabiliser) which is meant to be effective for bipolar depression though, and I take it along with a low dose of the antidepressant fluoxetine.

Antidepressants are difficult for bipolar patients as taking too high a dose can lead to mania. Which is where the usefulness of mood stabilisers comes in, they are used to prevent the acute ups and downs.

The only “true” mood stabiliser is lithium. There are a lot of drugs which are used as mood stabilisers but are actually other classes of drugs, e.g. antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, etc.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

It’s plausible. When you think about the fact that sometimes anxiety manifests itself with unusual physical symptoms that mirror unrelated physical complains, it makes sense that the opposite could happen.

If it keeps happening may be worth a visit to the GP.

Despite actually getting on reasonably well and chatting a lot to some of the people on my new course, feelings of lonelines and isolation have had me questioning the authenticity of these new relationships.

It’s really something I could do without. Have I been given any reason to doubt that people like me? Of course not. I just generally find it difficult that I don’t feel like anyone’s number one choice of pal. Ah well.

Went to a party without drinking and didn’t get anxious! Whoop!

Yeah, what @ghostpony said

Anyone here?

Hello? 'sup?

As well as @colinzealuk, I’m also around, either through this thread or PM

You ok maoam?

Hope you’re okay, champ.

Yup. Everything all right bro?

Thanks all, it’s ok