New Mount Eerie - The Microphones Thread (rolling)

Didn’t see that coming

but, yes, it’s a story that leaves one with a warm glow (pt. 2)

16 Likes

Looking forward to hearing the intimate details of what went on at the wedding on his next record.

2 Likes

Ah, delighted for them both - v unexpected and lovely.

This is really nice to hear. Both have been through some horrendous times.

1 Like

Big changes for Phil. He’s moved from Anacortes to Brooklyn, he’s all over the gossip pages, his daughter’s name is getting printed in Vanity Fair (just find that notable because, in interviews around A Crow…it was the one detail he wanted omitted).

So yeah…I can’t deny a slight feeling of whiplash with this. But then if he’s found happiness then that’s fantastic

Really hope the next album is just pure good vibes or kozelek-esque ramblings about his sex life

3 Likes

I hope he consented to his daughters name being revealed, otherwise that is really awful of places to have printed it (expectedly awful, but awful nonetheless).

Like Pitchfork still left it out, so I suspect maybe he didn’t want it out there :frowning:

1 Like
1 Like

:frowning:

That’s a shame. It felt like a nice ending for two people who’d been through so much.

5 Likes

London show at EartH in August!

https://m.facebook.com/events/2424701741084595

2 Likes

Looks like he’s playing old songs again according to setlist.fm. Interesting.

Blimey, Little Wings is a blast from the past. Wonder if Lazarus will make an appearance as well

Anyone at this show last night? Absolutely wonderful stuff, all brand new songs, very low-key and gently crushing. Me and my mate had a little cry and it was really nice in a weird way, a very special evening. What a brilliant man, hope he finds some peace and happiness soon.

6 Likes

Yup I was. Felt incredibly privileged to hear these new songs in that setting. Really looking forward to a new record announcement now, and seeing if all the tracks from last night make it in.

Also had to admire the green trousers too, I love him so much.

3 Likes

Thought it was impressive it was so good in spite of the green trousers tbh, but hey

Yeah very much so - just him and a nylon string guitar. Still really stream of conscious but a bit more metaphorical though

2 Likes

I’m in London for a few days, was literally a few 100 meters from this gig last night. Had no idea. Fuming now :joy:

1 Like