New Music 01/04/22

New FUMU album is out can’t find it on the youth bandcamp it probably will be at some point.

https://boomkat.com/products/enter-the-anima-6465c63b-c37b-4e5a-a659-5662638ad1a3

Oh it is now on bandcamp

1 Like

Will give Duster a go

Looking forward to finally getting stuck in to the new Wrens album after all this time.

3 Likes

Confidence Man is a blast. Going to enjoy this tonight after a couple bevs

Fucking bop this

1 Like

Brainwaltzera - ITSAME: Some say it’s Aphex Twin, others have their own ideas, while other others just say it’s someone with keen ear for a Rephlex banger.

7 Likes

Crows - Beware Believers
Sort of riffy vaguely psych-y indie rock.

FFO: long hair, black leather, sick occult t shirts, fondly reminiscing about eighties matchbox b line disaster

3 Likes

Two songs in to this and it sounds like TV Priest playing sped up Dio era Black Sabbath.

DJ Travella - Mr Mixondo

More really fast dance music from Tanzania.

Rudolf Abramov - Losing Perspective

Electronic post-punk from Berlin on Optimo’s label.

Monotronique - No Other Place Like Home

New one on Livity from this Kharkiv based producer, all proceeds split between the artist and the DEC Ukraine appeal.

1 Like

The Anchoress (who full disclosure my new company ccclx manages) has continued her series of covers for Bandcamp Friday and today’s is really special.

These Days done in a Carpenters’ spring morning manner, but it has the melancholic magic of Sparklehorse

1 Like

New Walt Disco, Whimsical and Pongo are interesting me today.

2 Likes

Good stuff so far. Enjoying the early 90s sounds - two tracks in, anyway!

In case anyone wants to give this a retweet to promote this thread (which now seems to have a weekly crowd who come especially to browse it) https://twitter.com/drownedinsound/status/1509799321688223747?s=21&t=jQk4aASVNFmktB8BznfW8Q

Forget how anthematic this song is. Huge sound

6 Likes

Oh didn’t know the album was out today. Sweet

1 Like

Meshuggah obviously

3 Likes

Excited for this!

2 Likes

Pillow Queens and Hannah Peel for me

Will check Christian Lee Hutsom but its not released on bandcamp yet

Carpenter Brut album is really good so far. This sounds like a remix of a Faith No More song made for a Matrix soundtrack.

2 Likes

Yeah, big fan of that song. I’m a sucker for anything Greg does, and it doesn’t disappoint.

1 Like

They are the UK’s first integrated orchestra with both disabled and non-disabled musicians

This floored me when I first heard it

3 Likes