New music 14/02 Valentine's Day edition

What you got today?
Not much for me.

Tame Impala. Not really a fan of them tbh so will be watching this thread with keen interest for other recommendations.

Yeah, I’ll give Tame a listen, but I’m not excited. Will also give the new Summer Camp and The Men albums a blast, see what they’re like.

There’s an album by Habibi, who are in the vein of Tacocat, Bleached etc, although imo a bit more chilled out. Sounds really nice so far :slight_smile:

Oh wait this might have come out last week, lol

1 Like

Tame Impala new one has not grabbed me

New one from The Men is great

Gonna listen to Grawlix, lovely band from Derby who I’m seeing tomorrow. Not sure what the new album will sound like but I’m sure it’ll be full of psych-tinged pop goodness

2 Likes

Tame Impala,
Bambara.
Beach Bunny ? (More Primavera “research”))

Tame Impala seems better than I was expecting it to be after one listen

Will listen to Tennis letter, their stuff is usually good and the songs released prior have been solid

1 Like

Oh, Tennis has a new album out? Great! Didn’t really get into the last album but will definitely check it out.

1 Like

Looking at suggested new albums:

Tame Imapala, Tennis, King Princess, Bambara, The Men, Post Animal, Ash, Ryuichi Sakamoto, David Gray, Moses Boyd, Lee Ranaldo, Gregory Porter, Beach Bunny, Summer Camp, Matilda Mann, Nathaniel Rateliff, Justin Bieber, Kvelertak , Katie Gately, Puss n Boots

… yeah not great is it?

I’ll do my thing and listen to all the ones they recommend me up until a name I know I dont have any interest in (Ash)

Got Dark Matter by Moses Boyd on at the moment. Enjoyable if you’re into the London jazz scene. Driven by the drumming as you’d expect. Maybe the emphasis on groove means the compositions aren’t quite as good as some other people’s records he’s been on? Still decent though.

1 Like

oh the Ash record is a best of? Guess I’ll listen to it then

3 Likes

Yeah it’s on my recommended stash the AI threw at me. I’m picking ones that humans here are backing up and I’ll deffo give it a whirl. In fact I’ll listen to it first

THERE IS A NEW ANVIL ALBUM

2 Likes

Ooh, new Katie Gately!

1 Like

I’ll put it in the list

New one on Disintegration State from my pal and yours @anon18868718

Not gonna beat around the bush with this one, I honestly think it’s fucking brilliant. Easily up there with anything I’ve heard this year so far, and the fact that it’s on Dis State is just a lovely bonus and something I get to feel really proud of.

Reference points are probably early Hyperdub (particularly Burial), lo-fi hip-hop and house beats, crackling-ambient…

Would thoroughly recommend giving it a go if any of those things are up your alley because it really deserves to be heard by lots of people.

21 Likes

Promises is already one of my fav songs of the year - good recommendation

2 Likes

Jack River’s new EP is worth a listen - she’s great