New music 21/5

FFO Bonobo

2 Likes

Biig Piig’s EP first up today

Will also be checking out Mach Hommy & Black Soprano Family.

1 Like

This is good. Reminds me of The Orb’s debut in its sprawl of field recordings and electronics.

Wrote about it here:

https://www.onthefringesofsound.com/post/the-incidental-crack-municipal-music

1 Like

Kareem Ali - Quantum Blackness

Just hit streaming today but apparently been on bandcamp for a couple of weeks; astrophysical afrofuturustic house.

8 Likes

This album of looped guitar and ambient tones by Charlie Coxedge is absolutely gorgeous. Mastered by our own @McGarnagle who gets about a bit these days.

Also looking forward to checking out the Andrew Tasselmyer, obvs. Bits of Hotel Neon turning up on Disintegration State? Unbelievable scenes.

9 Likes

I’ve been trying to find time to jump into his back catalogue due to it’s sheer vastness, but this album is probably a good place to begin.

1 Like

Also not familiar with the vast majority of his work but there is a primer available on Spotify (which is up to and including this new one), not sure if these are auto-generated or artfully curated though.

2 Likes

This ep is amazing.

4 Likes

Featured on the new Superwolves album didn’t he?

Really enjoyed Patience so looking forward to this, just stuck it on and sounding very similar which suits me!

New Fly Pan Am out which should be interesting

yeah this is great. Also available on Nokia format! from the matador website:

In addition to vinyl, CD, picture disk and digital formats, the album will be available as a special and limited cellphone edition. Hearkening back to the way Moctar’s music originally spread and proliferated across the Sahara via word-of-mouth Bluetooth mobile phone swaps, this collector’s edition of Afrique Victime arrives pre-loaded onto a classic Nokia 6120 handset and specially mastered for it. Disclaimer: You can only make calls on this phone in countries that have 2G coverage (not US).

3 Likes

He’s flipping brilliant. Lots of fun too

1 Like

yeah, The Deluder was a sharp turn towards… not sure. He is leaning into his Idlewild American English ( :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) voice.

This, to me, sounds lovely, but if you’re coming to it from My Secret is My Silence and Before the Ruin then yeah it’s a handbrake turn!

1 Like

Not disliking it just finding it difficult to think of it as a roddy album

will listen to previous too

1 Like

Ha ha! Love this!

i’ll be eating a delicious Lambchop with a cup of Chai on the side :yum:

2 Likes

and some Dadi Freyr for dessert

Robert Finley - Sharecropper’s Son

Bluesy soul from the remarkable voiced 67 year-old who only released his debut album five years ago. Produced by one of the Black Keys.

Chai are so good. thought they’d have their own thread already but i can’t find one

1 Like