New music 25/03/22

Will get this in before the inevitable @1101010 reply…but there are also plenty of excellent all female acts in Sydney actually.

I do consider doing some sort of rolling Australian music thread as there is so much stuff but would imagine it would be of interest to about twelve people.

5 Likes

Haha, was meant more of a general comment then a reply. I know you’re a man of fine tastes.

1 Like

Please do it. There’s quite a few here that’ll love a thread like that.

5 Likes

Would be well up for this. I love pretty much everything that Al Montfort and/or Mikey Young have been involved in - Total Control, Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Terry, Dick Diver, The UV Race etc.

And then of course there’s my favourite band of the past 5 years or so, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - but I guess most people know them already!

2 Likes

Oh mate. That opening paragraph :heart_eyes:

(And the second. Off to see them twice in Sydney. And maybe in London - with Stella Donnelly supporting!)

Ok you have twisted my arm :wink:

2 Likes

Non-Australian chat

New Cassandra Jenkins single for Secretly Canadian anniversary

1 Like

Get Well Soon - Amen

1 Like

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

8 Likes

By far my most anticipated album of the week is the new Guerilla Toss. Zany, colourful, a bit all over the place experimental rock and synthpop:

Also looking forward to listening to the new Ibibio Sound Machine for some energetic, funky and synthy afrobeat:

Meditative progressive electronic from Croatian Amor:

Ambient soundscapes from the Three Trapped Tigers man:

Spacey, euphoric psych-rock from the very underrated Asteroid No. 4:

8 Likes

oooooo new Croatian Armor, niiiice!!

1 Like

Third spin today for the new Camp Cope, it’s so fucking good and a bit of a shift as well.

Good interview with them here:

https://pitchfork.com/features/interview/camp-cope-running-with-the-hurricane/

All about the new Destroyer for me today.

7 Likes

Some excellent experimental punk and hardcore out today, which perhaps deserves a better description, but I don’t have one.

8 Likes

Loads of cool stuff out today outside of big hitters mentioned like Aldous, Denzel, Guerilla Toss, Ibibio Sound Machone. Glad I’ve got the day off

Md. After Hussain & PAQ - Matir Gaan
Bangladeshi trad meets peaceful Italian synth

El Khat - Albat Alawi Op​.​99
Yemeni jams on homemade instruments

Ian Noe - River Fools & Mountain Saints
Country folk, the good kind, from a fella I saw support Colter Wall, and who will probs appeal to fans of him

Sly5thAve & Roberto Verástegui - Agua de Jamaica
Lush jazzy beats with synths and pan-American influences

Terry Riley & Bang On A Can All-stars - Autodreamographical Tales
Tez reads his dreams over intricate mood pieces

Branko Mataja - Over Fields And Mountains
New comp for Yugoslavian guitar wizard of nostalgic melody

9 Likes

Sara Dziri - Close to Home

Ambient techno from Brussels, with bits of Tunisian instrumentation and influence going on.

2 Likes

Enjoying Guerilla Toss first go round A LOT. Playful dancey indie rock/pop/punk woth plenty of fuzz groove and sugary hooks

1 Like

Various Artists - fabric presents Leon Vynehall

Bits of garage, trance, hip-hop, breakbeat and allsorts in this selection.

5 Likes

The Mary Veils - Esoteric Hex

Garage rock from Philadelphia, produced by Cory Hanson of Wand.

3 Likes

Selah Sue - Persona

Belgian neo-soul

1 Like