New music. Friday the 13th edition

Wasn’t going to bother but ended up listening to the Nurse With Wound compiled Finders Keepers album and it’s ace.
Strain Crack & Break: Music From The Nurse With Wound List - Volume 1 (France)

Also Headflush by Leila Bordreuil - 40 minutes of dissonant cello. Basically my idea of easy listening background music. Could listen to this sort of stuff all day.

Lovely editions. Had Dots & Loops on this afternoon. Great stuff.

2 Likes

You will all be surprised to hear this but the new Tiger Army album is fucking awful.

No songs on it as good as Kevin is in Jail?

New Jenny Hval for me. It’s wonderful, and entirely too short. Which just means it goes on repeat sooner.

1 Like

After a couple of spins, this is AOTY material

2 Likes

how does the jenny hval album sound so good, none of the sounds are particularly unusual but it has a really distinctive pleasant sound to the whole thing

1 Like

Enjoying Charli a lot, reckon some songs will stand out on repeated listens.

Chelsea Wolfe and Microwave were good shouts. JPEGMAFIA good as ever.

That Twin Peaks album is awful.

I mean, you say that but…

4 Likes

A lot of good album came out this week. And despite being released in a week with a new Charli XCX, Metronomy and Jenny HVAL somehow… against all odds… the Pixies is the album I keep on going back to. I really like it, quite a lot. Wasn’t sure at first but its grown on me a lot.

2 Likes

Had the same thing, great albums from Charli XCX, Alex Cameron and Alex G…then I listened to the new Pixies three times Friday. It’s great.

1 Like

You could say that about a lot of brilliant music couldn’t you? If it was easy to say what made things good everyone would be doing it.

It has great songs, she is a really distinctive and interesting artist and the record is beautifully played and produced.

1 Like

Really sinking into the new Alex G album, seemed all over the place before but it really draws you in and puts you in his headspace. Near and In My Arms are the highlights so far, both pretty devastating in their way

1 Like

Anyone else getting a big Kelly Lee Owens vibe off this? It’s fantastic btw

2 Likes

Definitely. Of course she was on KLO album, wasn’t she?

Oh that had completely slipped my mind. KLO must’ve left an impression. Nice one. Might treat the two albums as companion pieces

1 Like

Yeah big KLO vibe, it is absoutely exquisite, can’t stop listening

2 Likes

To be honest, i’ve not stopped listening to Bonniesongs yet (sooooo good), but this new Jenny Hval is sounding really good, so that might help break me out of the loop.

Majorly. Not usually a huge Jenny Hval fan but enjoying this so much more. Still not a massive fan of her lyrically, but really like what she’s done to advance her sound here.

1 Like

Just seen this cracking lost 1980 album from the always groovy Ebo Taylor got a release last Friday. Good for the sunshine!