New music releases - Friday 5 June 2020

This is good - Interpol singer / walkmen drummer / bonny light horseman person

2 Likes

Sure everyone who’s interested has heard it but Run The Jewels 4 was released this week. Absolutely incendiary post apocalyptic rap that sounds like it was zapped back from the future and reads lyrically like it was written yesterday.

5 Likes

Female fronted bedroom indie/grunge

1 Like

remind me of maybe franz ferdinand/hives type thing

2 Likes

nice kinda peter gabriel in parts?

1 Like

Experimental folk (maybe save it for when the sun returns)

2 Likes

cool female indie from chicago

2 Likes

King Britt - Back2Black EP

Cosmic electronic sonics from the celebrated DJ & producer.

Nice female indie from canada (maybe fans of sharon van etten)

1 Like

American indie/folk/americana

Babybird/Stephen Jones has released another album today. having a listen now to see what I make of it:

Whitelabrecs have been releasing lots of ambient eps/albums since the lockdown started. There’s almost too much for me to keep track of, but one of today’s releases sounds nice:

I don’t think I have anything else. I’ve just discovered a bit 35 track thing from Haiku Salut, Songs For Chihiro, not quite sure what that is. although it looks like it was released last week.

1 Like

Beautiful indie/RnB male fronted

Cool liverpool indie (former hot club de paris)

2 Likes

Toured with Julien Baker / Jenny Lewis etc

4 Likes

Brooklyn rapper El-P and MC Killer Mike

3 Likes

New Kevin Martin Bandcamp release, nice

1 Like

I think this father john misty live album is new (at least to spotify)

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s Bandcamp No Fee Day again today where all cash will be going to the artists. So if you’re going to be buying anything new maybe get it off Bandcamp if it’s on there. :+1:

2 Likes

I have today off work, so that is going to be my plan for today! I’ve held off from buying a couple of releases last month, just so I can buy them today.

1 Like

If you’re into Breakbeat and Rave

3 Likes