New Releases 02/04/2021

What are people listening to today?

I am excited for the new Godspeed album (anarchist post-rock).

The Dry Cleaning album too is on my to listen to list (spoken word post punk?)

4 Likes

Ratboys (indie pop) have released what I think is a compilation of some old stuff? Dunno

3 Likes

Enjoying this one from Facta (bleeps and bloops)

4 Likes

Eleventh Dream Day have surprise released a new album. Didn’t think they were still going - the last album was a while back. A band which should’ve been bigger back in the day.

2 Likes

All about Dry Cleaning for me today.

But also Godspeed and the new Flock of Dimes album (her from Wye Oak’s slightly poppier electronic side project. Her last album was fantastic).

5 Likes

Except GY!BE and Dry Cleaning…

Moontype - Bodies of Water

Named by Paste as one of their 40 most anticipated albums of 2021

2 Likes

Ryley Walker for me I think.

2 Likes

New Du Blonde album for me - Homecoming

3 Likes

Virginia Wing have put out some sort of edit of the excellent private LIFE and all profits go to charity.

1 Like

Forest Drives West has a new one out, if in need of a techno fix.

7 Likes

A few interesting bit today.

Alt rock / shoegaze for Lume

A lot of post metal from Dirge. This is their Cure cover.

Was coming to post this. For the Neil Young fans here!

2 Likes

New single from Wyndow, the collaboration between ex-Trembling Bell, Lavinia Blackwall, and Laura J Martin

2 Likes

Has anyone’s Spotify Radar gone wonky today? Mine’s no longer in date order with some songs that have been in the radar for up to three weeks right up at the top. Usually it gets it pretty right for me.

Worried that they’ve ****ed it up in the interest of keeping those who pay more at the top of their playlists.

Might just be a one-off blip…

1 Like

Very excited for Dry Cleaning. Admit initial scepticism as 1) I just am about all unGoogleable band names invented this century and 2) I just am when it’s a band name that’s a regen from 6 Music Playlist Manager and 3) I am just a bitter, twisted crank, but a year ago I heard the Magic of Meghan and thought “This is MINT, and SKILL!” Plus anyone on the opposite side of the Daily Mail is a friend of mine.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting and hoping for this for a while.

Kassa Overall has released his second ‘Name Your Price’ lockdown/pandemic remix collection ‘Shades of Flu 2’. The first edition has had a lot of play over the last year.

And since its also Bandcamp Friday it appears The Hold Steady have dropped a ‘Name Your Price’ live version of their latest album.

Volume 6 of Ali Shaheed Muhammad and Adrian Younge’s Jazz is Dead series is sounding great this morning, saxophonist Gary Bartz the collaborator on this one.

3 Likes

New Olhava. Russian post black/blackgaze

UK Black metal band Wode’s new one is out today

Dog Daisies - You Are Here (Sorry)

Indie pop FFO Yo La Tengo

2 Likes

Hardcore punk from Oop Norf.

2 Likes