New Releases 02/04/2021

Singer (talker?) in Dry Cleaning just sounds so bloody bored. I guess maybe that’s the point? But if she can’t get excited by her own music, not sure how I’m going to.

(TBF I think I’d be less cynical if 6 music hadn’t rammed the last 2 songs down my throat)

But loads of interesting stuff again today.

1 Like

New Iglooghost album, bit like if a prominent PC Music producer created an album from Bjork samples.

7 Likes

The Natvral - Tethers

Folk rock’n’roll packed with nostalgic guitars and an Americana sheen

Waiting for the Dry Cleaning album in the post, but - as a colossal Kentucky Route Zero nerd - this has made up for the temporary absence

https://benbabbitt.bandcamp.com/album/kentucky-route-zero-memory-overflow

2 Likes

Enjoyed this album, at intervals reminded me of Son Lux, These New Puritans and M.I.A. and I definitely think your description is apt.

1 Like

Really enjoyed Dog Daisies’ last full-length. Looking forward to this a lot.

New Lonelady single. Been out a few days…

1 Like

sounds awesome, will be checking it out, thanks.

Just came here to say the Dry Cleaning record is really good. Thanks

7 Likes

Reminds me a bit of early Mouse on Mars, which is always a good thing.

1 Like

It’s in the same boat as DJ Python for me, it’s turning out to be very good.

The new Fratellis record is pretty decent, though it’s more relaxed and not as energentic/laddish any more. Loads of strings, brass and vocal harmonies, but they’ve kept the bright melodies.

I hear they’re reworking Yes Sir, I Can Boogie for Scotland’s Euro 2020 campaign…

1 Like

The fratellis murdering this classic?Fucking hell haven’t us Scottish football fans suffered enough?

2 Likes

A lifetime’s suffering, them’s the rules no refunds. At least England’s in the same group, who’re just as liable to shit the bed on the big stage.

I remember getting all my hopes up as a green adolescent with the 1-0 Netherlands win in the Euro 2004 playoffs, only to get smashed 6-0 in the return leg.

1 Like

I admittedly haven’t listened to much of them before, but I think this new record is rather excellent.

Enjoyed this

Yeah, deep ambivalence so far on first listen.

It has grown on me with three or four listens

I enjoy it when I’m listening to it but I can’t see myself coming back to it much. One of my favourite bits is the one short section where she sings a bit - they need to do more of that I think.

Label compilation record from Mello Music Group featuring Quelle Chris, Open Mike Eagle, Marlowe, Kool Keith, Apollo Brown,etc and guest credits including the Alchemist, Georgia Anne Muldrow,

2 Likes