New Releases 04/06/2021

Loraine James sounding terrific on first listen.

3 Likes

Rome Streetz and ANKHLEJOHN - Genesis 1:27

NYC / Washington D.C. rap collaboration

2 Likes

new album of big riffs from Red Fang

2 Likes

excited to listen to this today…

3 Likes

Japaneae Breakfast is still showong as preorder on bandcamp :frowning:

She is doing a takeover on buenavida radio tomorrow fyi

Going to check out the new EPs of funk influenced jazz from
Ruby Rushton

and Butcher Brown

1 Like

That Japanese Breakfast album is great. The first song sounds like Beirut in their prime, and then the rest sounds nothing like it.

On track 2 of Wolf Alice now and loving it. Their 2nd album never really clicked with me, but I’m thinking this one really will.

2 Likes

Starting to feel the effects of everyone saving their albums up during the pando. Silly amount of releases I need to find time to listen to each week

1 Like

Awesome debut Emo EP from Parting - [members of Empire!, Empire…, Annabel, Dowsing)

and some lovely slow, stuttering and fuzzy ambient from Pepo Galan and Shinji Wakasa

3 Likes

Pretty good, but it sounds like it was recorded on this:

1 Like

That might have been me. I pre-ordered this through an Estonian crowdfunder thing. The language is so impenetrable, even Google’s translate function can’t help me figure out where to download it.

I’ll also be checking out Hildegard and the Avalanches remixes. New Rachel Sermanni EP and a Remi Wolf single too. And possibly Crowded House for old time’s sake.

I gave the new Chris Thile album a listen earlier but his bollocks lyrics and proggy song structures really don’t work when performed entirely solo.

2 Likes

new singles from Billie Eilish and Dead Can Dance :v:

Enjoyed Japanese Brekkie a lot this morning

1 Like

this is excellent, exactly what I want on a morning like this

This is a really intriguing listen; like if you filtered Cassandra Jenkins’ upbeat spoken word through a hive of angry bees.

1 Like

If anyone’s after nearly 30 minutes of continuous satan music, boy have I got you covered today:

9 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to listen yet but her previous LP and EP are records I liked but found somewhat intimidating (if that makes sense) but I’ve found myself going back to them a lot.

Been looking forward to a full album of hers, but she’s posted covid conspiracy and anti-vax stuff on IG in the past and it’s soured me on her a bit. Didn’t exactly clear things up in this interview (Greentea Peng: “I’ve always stood out like a sore thumb” | Cover Story | The Forty-Five (thefortyfive.com)) either. Will probably still give it a listen, though. Just hard to shift that from your brain, especially these days.

Will definitely give the Lorraine James album a listen too.

New Haiku Salut

https://www.facebook.com/100045701564992/posts/286358022897581/?d=n

2 Likes