New Releases 04/06/2021

For sure, it’s the sort of record I’d have to be in the mood for. Probably something I would listen to regularly, but infrequently.

1 Like

wasn’t sure how this could be true, but I get it now! Has that rhythm that he uses for almost all his upbeat songs :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, that happens if a page is set to American time zones sometimes. Sometimes doesn’t register as ‘available’ until later on in the day.

Off kilter indie-pop from Japan:

1 Like

Absolutely loved The Icarus Line. Haven’t really kept up to date with what they’re up to now but I’ll give this a whirl, ta.

1 Like

Other than Joe’s voice his solo stuff sounds nothing like The Icarus Line. I would recommend checking out his debut album, Holy War, first if you are after something with a bit more bite

1 Like

Los Camps have released a EP of hello sadness era songs to the streamings. First up, Allez Les Blues is a very on brand song title.

2 Likes

Second album in six months from Sun Do Silver, Oli Barrett’s (Petrels) more dance oriented side project.

1 Like

It came out a week ago. It’s good!

oh did it? Bandcamp page says June 4th!

Well the Japanese Breakfast and Hildegard LPs certainly didn’t disappoint! Just ordered both on vinyl :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right it was only one track that came out a week ago. For some reason I thought it was more

Deep Tan - Creeping Speedwells

Debut EP by the very cool London trio. Expect minimalist post-punk.

4 Likes

This is typically lovely!

2 Likes

Self Love - The Complete Illustrated Book of Failure

Grindy/sludgy/hyperpop/noise carnage, sort of like Lightning Bolt crossed with Xiu Xiu, mostly just drums and bass but with the occasional layer of super shiny synths, Livin’ La Vida Locust and Just Married! are so good. Also two of the nicest people in music!

1 Like

Good EP this

This was briefly mentioned upthread but a lovely little EP for a warm evening

1 Like

Oh dear. Shame that, but I haven’t personally cancelled M.I.A who has had similar views so think I can let this be a footnote rather than something that impacts my enjoyment. Really like the album on first spin, can see myself going back to it a lot on hazy summer days.

1 Like

Children of Zeus - Balance

Soulful R&B /hip-hop from Manchester. Never heard of them before but this seems pretty good.

1 Like

Contrebrassens and Duo Ruut both lovely, great recommendations!

1 Like