New Releases 04/09/2020

Anything on the radar today?

Album wise, just Hannah by Lomelda for me. Warm, fuzzy indie pop

Also, it’s Bandcamp day today, so if you’re buying something, support the artists

1 Like

Bill Callahan for me. I ignored almost all the singles.

Also Sun June released a new single. New album coming out early next year.

New throwing muses! :grinning: (American indie rock band fronted by Kristen Hersh (used to have Tanya Donelly too but not sure she’s back for this one))

4 Likes

Throwing Muses will be worth checking out. Nowt else for me so far

1 Like

This is lovely, as you’d expect.

Not mentioned yet:

Naked Roomate
Yelle
Tricky
Sophie Hunger
Diplo

1 Like

Bill Callahan and Throwing Muses are the big ones for me. But I’ll also check out the Grant Lee Phillips and Thor & Friends albums. Not sure if I’m still fussed about Dirty Projectors. Maybe.

Oh and there’s a new one from Stryper

New Yelle? :ok_hand: awesome

2 Likes

There’s a new collaborative EP from Japanese Breakfast/Crying under the name Bumper

3 Likes

And a new album/EP from LNZNDRF (brothers from the National and one of the guys from Beirut).

If you like Quicksand
Watertank

If you like 90s post hardcore/slowcore
Sprain

2 Likes

The Scottish answer to the gaslight anthem that we have all been waiting for

Already mentioned: I’ll be checking out Lomelda, Bill Callahan, Sophie Hunger. Also:

Hannah Georgas slow indie pop. Worth a listen if you’ll be checking out Lomelda also maybe.

Declan McKenna sort of reminds me of a young Bright Eyes/Oberst, full of passionate catchy energy.

Soundwalk Collective I’ve listened to some precious songs and liked. Has Patti Smith playing on it also I think.

1 Like

Hello! My band has a new single out today! It’s really good imo

10 Likes

New one on Disintegration State from Adventsong.

3 tracks of ambience which somehow manage to feel spacious yet claustrophobic.

4 Likes

yes its amazing and yes it nyp…

3 Likes

Like @Twinkletoes said my new EP’s out today! It’s for charity and all money is going to Marie Curie. Plus it’s Bandcamp Friday, so as good a day as any to pick it up!

Wrote a bit more about it here Disintegration State - new Jacob Nico!

JAG over - a mate of mine is also putting out his first album today, after a couple of great EPs. Very good atmospheric post/prog rock, been looking forward to it for a while!

3 Likes

Tricky
Yelle

New singles from Hot Chip (off their upcoming Late Night Tales… Yes please!) and iamamiwhoami.

Corey Flood album is out today, melodic but fuzzy guitar heavy indie rock, sounds a bit SY in places, a bit Krautrocky in others. 9 songs, 20 minutes, can’t argue with that.

1 Like

New King Midas Sound EP on Bandcamp

2 Likes