New Releases 04 Nov 22

New album from gospel folk duo signed to sufjans label

The welcome wagon - Esther

2 Likes

µ-Ziq - Hello

Third release of 2022 for Mike Paradinas, offering more manic beats and more melodies in his brand of d&b influenced IDM.

7 Likes

Big Joanie!! I love em!

5 Likes

God Is An Astronaut who are normally energetic post rock types have released an album of ambient reworks

4 Likes

New album from Turnover - Myself in the way. Emo-adjacent, and their record Peripheral Vision is one of my favourites of the last decade. I’ve not really chimed with the singles from this, it’s a chunk poppier and jazzier than I’d expected, but going to give this some time:

3 Likes

Just a reminder that it would be really helpful to @dantrobus if everyone could include the artist and album title in their post to make it easier for the end-of-week polling.

And for someone with as little musical knowledge as myself, any description (no matter how brief) is always welcome thanks.

Looking forward to seeing what you have all unearthed this week!

13 Likes

ooh I forgot that this was dropping this week. For some reason in my head I thought it was still way off in January or something daft like that.

Boldy James & Futurewave - Mr Ten08

3rd or 4th album of the year for Boldy (I’m losing track), the others have been of a high standard so I’m hoping this latest on his tour of underground producers follows suit. Hip-Hop.

3 Likes

Romare - Fantasy

… takes a more abstract approach to sampling than his previous work, bringing his own instrumentation and vocals to the fore, while folding elements from fantasy cinema into his distinctive strain of rhythmic, off-centre electronica and kinetic club music.

10 Likes

Just bought my copy - 8 Euros from their website which I think is a little cheaper than Bandcamp.

The four tracks released so far are great, so can’t wait to get this loaded up and to hit play.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

CS+Kreme - Orange

“CS + Kreme morph into modal jazz electronic mutations on a deadly cool but restless new album exploring the fissures of Detroit beatdown, early ‘00s electronica, contemporary midnight jazz and ambient rituals, featuring contributions…”

5 Likes

Rupture // Rapture - Abandon
Melodic Techno. Good stuff, as always.

3 Likes

Old Fire - Voids
Chap from The Earlies, with Bill Callahan singing on a few songs, and also Julia Holter and Emily Cross.

4 Likes

thanks so much for sharing buddy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interested to hear this - Peripheral Vision’s a vibe, but my sense is they sort of checked out on the last couple of releases. Not in love with the new sound, but glad they’re not just going through the motions.

1 Like

Amazing - had no idea this was coming. LOVED their last one.

1 Like

Julie Campiche Quartet - You Matter

More great jazz! This really blew me away on my morning walk. Hard hitting drumming and lots of foreboding beauty (my new fragrance) going on

3 Likes

Happy Friday everyone. I slept in this morning so only managed these so far, but already got everyone’s suggestions added to a playlist, really looking forward to Horse Lords & Romare, but obviously also all the hidden gems ye always find.

M.CHUZI - Papara - LP - Afrobeat Funk
“On the isle of Crete, the ancient practice of dipping your bread in different sauces and dips is called “papara”. True to its music-as-sauce philosophy, Brussels-based groove formation M.CHUZI invites you to dip your ear into the sonic sauces that are on offer in its versatile menu.”

Katu Kaiku - Broken Piece - LP - Jazz Fusion
Jazz but with a big dollop of rock guitar. For ambient music, its loud and brash, and sometimes feels like a saxiphonist has gatecrashed a post-rock band gig to really ruin their day.

Stefan Smith - Thlostones - LP - EDM
Low throbbing bass lines with playful rhythms and just about every synth you can name. Its good Hearty stuff, it’ll put some hair in your ears!

[edit] italic’ed the quote, and made my opening statement more coherent.

3 Likes

Jeff Rosenstock and Laura Stevenson - Younger Still

Looks like it came out yesterday, an EP of Neil Young covers from punks second best songwriter (behind Ted Leo).