New Releases 07/09/2018

The Sauna Youth record is really great lads (my actual review of it hasn’t been posted yet so just take my word for it)

2 Likes

It was quickly trickling along in the background then got VERY LOUD at one point and I had to turn it down, and then it went super-quiet again and disappeared… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a really jarring range of dynamics and not in an effective way for my money.

I appear to be in a bit of an unreceptive mood for today’s new music eh? Anyone else got albums they want me to complain about? Might do a hatchet job on Haiku Salut next.

Yeah it’s not gone down very well for me on 1st listen, and I really like a lot of his stuff.

1 Like

Sauna Youth and Menace Beach for me.

New Nadja album out today (technically released a couple of days ago just to be awkward) for anyone who’s up for some massive droning guitar work. Features some beautful strings courtesy of Julia Kent and Agathe Max too.

4 Likes

I’ll be seeing her play live on Sunday.

Have you listened to Jonathan Bree’s album from this year? It’s definitely one of my favourites of 2018, and she sings on a couple of the songs.

1 Like

Holy shit this Yves Tumor record is great. Completely passed me by.

Haiku Salut is good and fun - I think that’s more what I needed today.

1 Like

It’s all about the new Clutch album for me Clive.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise that was out today! Awesome news. The suns out and there’s some new Clutch grooves out. Perfect.

1 Like

Spiritualized and the Waxahatchee EP for me today.

Yves Tumor gets the highest score of the year so far on Pitchfork - interesting…

gave that Yves Tumor album a listen to yesterday. I didn’t know what to expect, and I’m not exactly sure what i heard but it was definitely great.

if anyone is in the need for any peaceful dreampoppy shoegaze, The Daysleepers are back with what seems to be their follow up to what seems to be their 2008 debut album.

1 Like

Do you ever look at a list of band names you don’t know and think ‘this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous’?

Lol, this is why we need a thread full of useful descriptions (unlike my vapid “good and fun” above)

I tried, but I’m no writer

1 Like

New Arabrot and Pile B sides compilation

I’ve complained a number of times before, but it always descends into this again, so i tend to ignore loads of things.

I really just mean the naming of bands. Like, any band name is ridiculous, you just get used to them and then they sound normal.

If I see one of those ads for a BBC festival, I feel like an old man watching the ridiculous names flash by.

i see what you mean, yeah, it is strange, did those pumpkins even need smashing?!?

maybe related, we tried coming up with a name for our band last year but everything we thought of already had some tiny little bandcamp or something associated with it, so we gave up. you have to really think outside of the box to come up with something you can use, which i guess might explain some of the absurd names people use.

1 Like