Residents album of the week too. Singles have been lovely

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=76374

EP from Francis of Delirium

Caoilfhionn Rose – Truly

Singer, songwriter from Manchester, sounds good on first listen

MF Tomlinson - Strange Times

Folk FFO bill Callahan/smog, Nick Drake ect

2 Likes

Expecting some soulful jazz and hip hop tunes from Jordan Rakei’s Late Night Tales.

1 Like

Never listened to them before but going to rectify that today given Danny Brown and JPEGMAFIA guest on the first two tracks of BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE

6 Likes

The next Skullcrusher EP

5 Likes

Max Richter for me today

though not really sure Voices needed a second chapter - I will always be a huge fan of his work.

4 Likes

Devil Sold His Soul

I think this is new, anyway. Not thought about them in years but used to like them.

Some sort of Modeselektor mixtape thing

Ambient-y thing from ol’ Sufjan

EP from Kareem Ali, normally does some nice bleeps

The Black Dog

CFCF

Ochre

6 Likes

Did you see the new video yet?

The second chapter was intended to come as a full album but obviously lockdown happened.

Ekin Fil collaboration

4 Likes

thanks will watch it now, the project is so relevant and interesting and Voices 1 was terrific on record - on digital platform there was just too many versions (50 tracks 2 hours on spotify including four versions of most of the tracks) Given the message it lost its impact in the bloat, until the record arrived and it made sense.
Anyway this made me a little concerned about volume two, so far its brilliant though.

Peggy Seeger - First Farewell

Possibly her last album of originals.

Positively reviewed in the Guardian

2 Likes

Off kilter house, downtempo, ambient, techno, breakbeat, jazz, whatever from Tokyo electronic music producer Yoshinori Hayashi

7 Likes

Jazz & World Corner

Samba Touré - Binga

Songhoy blues (not the band) from a Malian guitarist and vocalist mentored by the late, great (no-relate) Ali Farka Touré

Rogér Fakhr - Fine Anyway (Habibi Funk 016)

‘Lost’ (only 200 albums pressed at the time) '70s recording from the late Lebanese guitarist/singer/songwriter re-issued on Habibi Funk - beautiful pillowy ballads and plinky blues.

Ballaké Sissoko - Djourou

New release from the masterful Malian kora player whose previous work includes collaborations with the legend Toumani Diabité.

KAUAN - Ice Fleet

Russian post-metal with Finnish influence, this album is really intriguing me - seems to be lovely glacial instrumental ambience interspersed with some melodic heavy bursts, inspired by an unidentified fleet of ships found frozen off Russia in the '30s, and there is maybe a tabletop RPG involved as well?

Thomas Fehlmann - Böser Herbst

Dusty psychedelic ambient techno soundtrack for a documentary about 1920s Berlin

Sinikka Langeland - Moose Rune

Evocative folk strings and songs from Norway’s “Finnish forest”

Maridalen - Maridalen

Swedish jazz trio’s tranquil and mellow debut, calls to mind “grassy hillsides and old wood”

Vijay Ayer - Uneasy

Highly acclaimed pianist Iyer leads a masterful trio in mostly his own compositions.

13 Likes

Daft name but modern soft soul man meets old spirit blues guru seems like a good recipe to me

4 Likes

Christine Ott - Time to Die

Exquisite modern compositional suite influenced by the famous Bladerunner speech.

4 Likes

This sounds like my kind of thing!

1 Like

Looking forward to Spirit of the Beehive’s ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH.

Kind of an indie rock band with psych and emo influences but chopped and changed ala Double Negative by Low.

The singles have been waaay out there

4 Likes

great, as expected. Needs more songs though!

Yeah, I’m about 2/3 way through and I’m really enjoying it. The general vibe is a knotty and unpredictable collage of styles while being weightless and floaty at the same time. Good stuff.

Claire Rousay - a softer focus

Lush, melodic, ambient soundscapes

2 Likes