🆕🦞 New Releases 10-MAY-24 🦞🆕

Arab Strap for me. I think I might hold off listening and just purchase the thing

6 Likes

New Les Savy Fav, FFO Post Punk from the early 2000s;

12 Likes

Not sure what’s going on but it’s showing up as follows on Spotify:

The first single from ex Nosferatu D2/Tempertwig/Superman Revenge Squad

The album is out on the 28th June.

Indie/emo/spoken wordy

1 Like

Mary Lattimore & Walt McClements - Rain on the Road

Harpist teams up with Weyes Blood’s McClements who accompanies her on electronically-enhanced accordion.

10 Likes

That’s the album, Bliss is a song on the album.

2 Likes

Big day for me.

Bossk - .4

Post metal

Haal - back to Shilmarine

Debut ep from the Bristol post rock group

El Moono - The Waking Sun

Debut album from the Bristol alt rock crew. FFO Deftones

Demersal - Demersal

Scremo / Blackened hardcore

That sould kick off your walk to work.

9 Likes

Amen Dunes - Death Jokes

the singer-songwriter has celebrated with his least conventional work since 2011’s Through Donkey Jaw. With heretofore-seldom explored influences from hip-hop production and club music, Death Jokes is a complex chasm of fractured, intertwining ideas, songs that grasp for purpose, songs with drops of sorts.

7 Likes

Keeley Forsyth is my big one for today, she makes incredibly desolate and beautiful music, akin to something Scott Walker might make, maybe?

Keeley Forsyth - The Hollow

New Douglas Dare. Apparently a more electronic/dancey direction than his usual sadder singer songwriter stuff.

Douglas Dare - Omni

6 Likes

EABS - Reflections of Purple Sun

One of the leading groups in modern Polish jazz with an album reflecting on the renowned Purple Sun album released 50 years earlier by their compatriot Tomas Stanko.

6 Likes

New A.G Cook double album

5 Likes

I. JORDAN - I AM JORDAN

Long-awaited debut album from the UK producer following a string of great EPs over a number of years. club, rave, house.

“This album is about joy”, Jordan says. “It’s about my joy as a trans person, and trans joy generally, working with trans people, making all this fun music together."

7 Likes

New one from Australian brother and sister duo Angus and Julia stone

1 Like

I swear the algorithm is totally broken when it doesn’t even bother recommending me this. I’ve loved and rinsed all of I. JORDAN’s stuff!

1 Like

Hear talk of kings of Leon being back on form so worth a listen maybe

2 Likes

Main one for me today too.

“Taking aspects of sacred music, minimalist post-classical, dark ambient, film and theatre soundtracks, she layers her vocals into chamber choirs, applies pitch shifts and other digital processing, moves from clear articulate intention to mumbled numb utterances”.

Big day for female solo artists.

Yaya Bey - Ten Fold

“Following up 2022’s sprawling ‘Remember Your North Star’, NYC’s Yaya Bey meditates through her internal struggles on ‘Ten Fold’, breezing across neo-soul, lite disco funk and dusty boom bap. RIYL Erykah Badu, Sudan Archives, Kaytranada”.

Myriam Gendron - Mayday

Third album by Montreal singer-songwriter with songs in both English and French, accompanied by guitarist Marisa Anderson and drummer Jim White (Dirty Three).

Josienne Clarke - Parenthesis, I

Scotland-based folk-influenced singer-songwriter’s fourth solo album

Bryony Jarman-Pinto - Below Dawn

Jazzy neo-soul from Cumbrian artist now based in London. If you liked the Alice Russell album the other week, you might like this too. Fair warning, there is occasional jazz flute.

And also:

Bab L’ Bluz - Swaken

Second album of psych rock with North African gnawa rhythms by the French-Moroccan four-piece.

DEHD - Poetry

Chicago indie-rock trio

11 Likes

New one from Irish troubadour Villagers.

6 Likes

Conway the Machine - Slant Face Killah

Another Griselda album drops. Expect warped soul loops, creeping RZA style beats, offbeat flows, solid list of guest features

FFO Westside Gunn, Rome Streetz

2 Likes

Sounding nice and a bit more stripped back than recent more lush offerings

Some much hyped metalcore, even managed an 8 from pitchfork. It is pretty good

Knocked Loose - You Won’t Go Before You’re Supposed To

2 Likes