New releases - 11/11/2022

Yeah that does sound messy. Hopefully resolved in a positive outcome for once… not going to hold my breath though

1 Like

Lycoriscoris - Sketches From A Memory

Japanese artist whose last album was very Jon Hopkins-like.

Like Hopkins he seems to have embraced his ambient side, in a quick skip through.

8 Likes

Yea!!!

Noooo!!! Will check it out though.

4 Likes

Just got The Boss on, it’s pretty good, not sure if it’s just because he’s picked some cast iron classics that sound great anyway, but his version of ‘Nightshift’ is great.

Oh excellent. That last album was a beauty.

Patrick Wolf returns after a decade (!) with a gorgeous new single

5 Likes

sounds fun on a quick skim… ffo errm pavement?

3 Likes

This sounds good - Co creator of QT alongside Sophie and AG Cook

5 Likes

This JAMBINAI EP is good stuff. Thanks.

2 Likes

Off kilter glossy radio hits apparently

1 Like

Ah I expected an album was coming, but didn’t realise/they didn’t announce it ahead of time. The singles have been pretty good!

1 Like

Nice chilled r n b

Jaws of Love. - Second Life

Second album from Local Natives’ Kelcey Ayer. Piano and electronics lead alt-pop? FFO… Local Natives, natch

4 Likes

New FEWS song

4 Likes

Loney Dear – Atlantis

‘Live’ album recorded in an almost empty studio in Stockholm during lockdown, with an audience of only 8 people and a band including drums, bass, piano, clarinet & vibraphone. Singer-songwriter type stuff, with a very distinctive voice and sensibility.

Ane Brun – Nærmere

Singer-songwriter known for her crystalline voice and beautiful arrangements releases her first Norwegian-language album, mostly comprising re-recorded versions of tracks from her last few solo albums.

4 Likes

So excited to see him finally releasing new music, although I’m tempted to just wait for the EP from which this is the first track – seems a bit of a shame after all this time to just have one track in isolation.

Gold Panda is the big one for me today (already listened and purchased, it’s as gorgeous as ever).

Doseone (Themselves, Clouddead, Subtle, etc.) and Mestizo have a new one under their A7PHA band name. Apparently ‘alternative hardcore rap’. Last one was good though, so looking forward to giving this a spin.

Although it was released digitally back in October it’s only getting a physical release today and it wasn’t mentioned at the time so :stuck_out_tongue:

Thus Love - Memorial

Ace album probably my favourite old school indiesque album in a very long time. Sounds a bit like Merchandise but better

&

kinseyLloyd - whenigethomei’mgnasamplewhenigethome

Kind of like a Vegyn mixtape that is an ode to Solange from the person who did the spectacular spoken word bit at the end of Blackhaine’s last e.p. Sadly his voice isn’t on this but it’s still good chilled music.

1 Like

I do understand that reasoning but sadly nowadays artists need people to stream these pre-singles as it gets them better playlisting, radio support, etc etc. So it’s worth throwing him a listen or two.

New drowse getting some love from me this morning, dark shoegazing, indie, electronic, slowcore.

9 Likes