new releases 11MAR22

Drug Church - Hygiene

One of my most anticipated releases in a long time

Loop - Sonancy

6 Likes

Benny The Butcher - Tana Talk 4

Eagerly anticiated. Hip-Hop. FFO: Westside Gunn, Conway The Machine…

3 Likes

Al Cam and Roy.

Oxy Music

7 Likes

Team Me - Something In The Making
Norwegian euphoric indie dream pop. 8 years since their last album, looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Jenny Hval my biggun’ for today. Apparently leaning even more into her alt. pop sensibilities.

22 Likes

Slim pickings for me so far today, sort of a relief after last week. Just got this tastily produced hip hop thang
Elzhi & Georgia Anne Muldrow - Zhigeist

2 Likes

Ghost - Impera
Theatrical doomy classic stadium rock vibes, think Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult but riffier. A bit silly but a lot of fun.

FFO: Halloween costumes which you think will be easy but are actually a real pain in the arse and you regret, the kind of albums people who are aged 3 - 10 now will describe as “dads car music” on whatever the equivalent of DiS is in 2045, Kiss but you’re too ashamed to admit it

11 Likes

Not really liked the first two singles but hopefully there’s some choons elsewhere

Oh also Samana’s latest.
Sort of stately vaguely bluesy country tinged alt rock. A bit like a cross between My Brightest Diamond and Mazzy Star.

2 Likes

Not sure which way this will go (especially without Martin Carr) but the first Boo Radleys album in 24 years today!

The Boo Radleys - Keep On With Falling

4 Likes

Widowspeak - The Jacket
Folky shoegaze. Loved Expect the Best but didn’t click so much with the next one. High hopes for this

Wednesday - Mowing the Leaves Instead of Piling 'em Up
Grungey shoegaze. Covers album to follow up last year’s excellent Twin Plagues

Bodega - Broken Equipment
Art rock/post punk

The Mysterines - Reeling
Alt rock

4 Likes

Gave one Bodega song a go and it sounded like Hot Action Cop

1 Like

Also, heard this ont’radio yesterday and really enjoyed it

Tom Baird - Peace Pipe

Jenny Hval day for me!

Lucrecia Dalt has composed a film score (don’t know anything about the film).

1 Like

Toying with Widowspeak and the Boo Radleys, but definitely heading to Bandcamp for the Loop album. The first two singles are amazing!

1 Like

DRUG CHURCH DAY

6 Likes

P J Harvey – The Hope Six Demolition Project Demos

Final installment of the demos project is out if you would like to listen to a worse version of a fairly disappointing album.

6 Likes

The Wiggles - ReWiggled
Australian kids sensations release a double album, disc one is Australian artists like DZ Deathrays covering their songs and the second disc is the Wiggles covering everything from the Dropkick Murphys to AC/DC and Rihanna. Batshit.

FFO: people asking “what the fuck is wrong with you” when you put something like this on at a party but then they sort of get in to it, music for kids, being desperate for a fix of pure Australicana now Neighbours is cancelled

6 Likes

Not listened yet but given how much I’ve loved everything they do, instant AOTY potential for me

2 Likes

Hot Potato absolutely SLAPS by the way.

1 Like