New releases 12/02/2021

It’s up! @mouth_breather

3 Likes

I wouldn’t argue too strongly against a radio edit with the middle bit shortened and with less synth! Hopefully the rest of it has less goofy synths for you - I had to go back to listen to it again to remind myself, as thankfully it hasn’t stuck out in my head too much.

1 Like

This is decent, if a little cheesy. But I’m pretty surprised just how popular these guys seem to be. One of the tracks off this new album already has 500k listens on Spotify.

I’m guessing maybe they had their music appear in something, idk. I didn’t realise they were that big either. I saw them being watched by about 20 people, opening the punk stage at Reading after their last album🤷🏻‍♂️

Great new band! The Connecting Dots debuted on Spotify on February 12.

The one before it is brilliant too

Week literally was going to go down as one of the worst in modern history but Japanese shoegaze/dream pop band ‘For Tracy Hyde’ released an album today and it’s really nice

The first track is very Twin Peaks theme - the Julee Cruise version I mean. Interesting!

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I’ve had a listen to a track of most of the stuff mentioned here and going to go back and give a particular listen to Nonconnah, IDestroy, God Is An Astronaught, For Your Health.

Will also check Lauren Auder, Steady Holiday, The Fragiles and Mush but more because I think they might be stuff I’ll pass on to mates.

The only one I very much could not take was Bodies of Water - sorry @paulo13

2 Likes

That’s ok, they won’t be to everyone’s taste. Glad you gave it a go!

1 Like

Morning all!

Last week, Black Country, New Road, The Weather Station and Sun June topped the polls. What have you enjoyed this week?

• Andrew Tasselmyer - Impulses
  • Black Spiders - Dead Proof
  • Bodies Of Water - Is This What It’s Like
  • Captain Frederickson (@Bad_weekend) - Absolute Disaster
  • Chargr - Vox Pop
  • Chris Crack - Might Delete Later
  • Christian Loffler - Parallels
  • CHUNG HA - Querencia
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah -
  • Claud - Super Monster
  • Condry Ziqubu - Gorilla Man
  • Django Django - Glowing in the Dark
  • Dominique Fils-Aimé - Three Little Words
  • For Tracy Hyde - Ethernity
  • For Your Health - In Spite Of
  • Fritz - Pastel
  • Glassjaw - Coloring Book
  • God is an Astronaut - Ghost Tapes 10
  • IDestroy - We Are Girls
  • Jakob Bro, Arve Henriksen, Jorge Rossy - Uma Elmo
  • JPEGMAFIA - EP2!
  • Jurango - Retreat Ites
  • Kiri Ra! - Kiri Ra!
  • Lauren Auder - 5 Songs for The Dysphoric
  • Leila Bordreuil - Not An Elegy
  • Lizzie Reid - Cubicle
  • Luca Brasi - Everything is Tenuous
  • Mara Carlyle - Lividly Lonely // Ex​-​Factor
  • Marta Mist - Years: Singles Collected 2010​-​2012
  • Mush - Lines Redacted
  • Nonconnah - Songs for and About Ghosts
  • Pale Waves - Who Am I?
  • Posable Action Figures -
  • R+R=NOW - R+R=Now Live
  • Sharon Van Etten - On Your Way Now
  • Slowthai - TYRON
  • Steady Holiday - Take The Corners Gently
  • The Connecting Dots - Oblivious Beat
  • The Fragiles - Kaleidoscope
  • Virginia Wing - private LIFE
  • Xen Chron - Deleted Vapor
0 voters
2 Likes

I’ve just realised some of these are singles, right?

Think he’s just taking anything posted in the thread and sticking it in the poll - that’s a lot of work already would be a bit much for him to also check if each post was for an album or a single!

4 Likes

Possibly, I try and exclude them if I notice they’re singles (but I don’t have time to check them all :pensive:)

1 Like

What @Octobadger said :smiley:

Yeah it wasn’t a criticism sorry, I just looked at the ones I’d worked through it seemed to be a lot less than I saw in the thread but I’d been concentrating on albums too!

1 Like

All good, didn’t take it as criticism!

1 Like

Just noticed the CYHSY record is missing the release name… sorry was still half asleep this morning! You all know what I mean anyway…

1 Like

ah no worries, glad you like it! more from them coming later in the year too :slight_smile:

New CYHSY (Mirror Song) has a lyric referencing The Passenger, and last week’s Sun June had one (Everything I Had) doing the same for Wilco’s I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - fun coincidence

Porridge radio / piglet single