New releases 12/02/2021

My friends wonky pop album is now on Spotify its good fun so go listen

3 Likes

Bristol all-girl punks Idestroy have their debut out today

Virginia Wing for me and Leila Bordreuil has a tape out as part of boomkats lockdown series.

1 Like

!!!

3 Likes

Looking forward to that Leila Bordreuil tape but might wait for the digital.

1 Like

Not on Deezer yet either. Uploaded/downloaded the mp3s to my account a year or so ago so not in desperate need for it tbh. Made a nice comp of it and OCG

1 Like

Going to be checking out the new JPEGMAFIA, plus some new electronic bits from Jurango (Livity Sound), Xen Chron (on Mor Elianā€™s FEVER AM label) and thereā€™s a nice Condry Ziqubu reissue too.

Digital is available from boomkat but I donā€™t know if these releases go up on streaming.

My little brother managed to grab me a copy on CD, but our CD players are all now hibernating, and I canā€™t be bothered with mp3s, so Iā€™m well looking forward to having it to hand again.

1 Like

im enjoying this

Oh nice one! Saw it yesterday and thought only the cassette was available. Cheers.

1 Like

A new album from !!! too?!?

1 Like

New God is an Astronaut album is really good on first listen. Great post rock.

4 Likes

Virginia Wing and Django Django

I donā€™t really know much about the artist. I saw a very favourable review on Line Of Best Fit and heard a few tracks in the early hours on a break on a night shift.

That was my second consecutive night and so Iā€™ll give it another listen later. Hopefully Iā€™ll enjoy like @stickboy does. Seems a quite week for me otherwise.

1 Like

The new Christian Lƶffler really sounded nice from the singles, so thats the only one I am excited for this week.

But I donā€™t think I am not getting any since I have yet to get anything from January so far, so I have a backlog to get through.

The vocals areā€¦ not for everyone? But Iā€™m really enjoying this.
They remind me of semi-obscure 00s band The Joggers, but weirder.

It is not and can not be ten years since that came out.

Really enjoying the Pale Waves album, which is basically an early Avril Lavigne/Hot Topic record by a bunch of twentysomethings from Manchester. Super polished 90s teen movie pop-rock about queer relationships

1 Like

hi! new one on my label from long-forgotten Leeds collective Marta Mist. FFO creaking pianos, abstract drones and heartbreak:

tapes look well nice if I do say so myself :slight_smile:

1 Like