New releases 12/03/2021

Who’s got some good stuff for my ears today? Seems to be lots of singles on my release radar but not much else. This reissue of a 1987 release by the “queen of the mbira” is soundtracking my morning coffee quite nicely though

4 Likes

Dan Wriggins has an EP out today called Mr Chill.

That’s about it for me today

2 Likes

Leanne Betasamosake Simpson - Theory of Ice
Produced by Evening Hymns chap, so will check it out. She sounded nice from the couple of tracks I’ve listened to.

When Saints Go Machine - Emotional
New album from these synthy slightly distorted folk. Looking forward to listening.

Somni - Up Too Early Volume 2
Not quite sure if this is an album of his or s compilation he’s put together, or both. Hazy relaxed instrumental sounds that sort of fit the title I imagine.

Really From - Really From
Jazzy sort of indie? On Topshelf Records, so will check out.

4 Likes

Going to give this a listen later - Nubiyan Twist - Freedom Fables ( jazz / afrobeat)

Also, in total contrast probably this. Rob Zombie - The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy. FFO: wallet chains, late 90s teen horror soundtracks, provincial rock clubs

5 Likes

Sae them live last year and they were absolutely incredible. First album is fantastic. Looking forward to this

Perfume genius remix album

1 Like

Really like some of his old stuff so looking forward to giving this a go

1 Like

BIt of emo for a bleary friday morning - new Closer LP

2 Likes

Morning Gert! My first pick of the day should appeal to you I think.

Guedra Guedra - Vexilloligy “integrates the rhythms of north African folk music with a bassline-heavy electronic pulse”

10 Likes

Will be trying the new The Anchoress, as there were good moments on the debut and some of the preview singles have been enjoyable

5 Likes

Next up DJ Muggs - Dies Occidendum, dark beats from the one time Cypress Hill producer.

5 Likes

Always enjoyed the works of The Copenhagen String Quartet whose Prism III is all about that B’s, covering Beethoven, Bartok and Bach.

Was slightly underwhelmed by the last Caribou album but will check out the Suddenly Remixes in hope of a banger or two.

yes badger this is the stuff

1 Like

Seen a lot of positive reviews for Valerie June’s The Moon and Stars: Prescriptions for Dreamers so going to queue this up as well, despite the title.

8 Likes

The Underground Youth have a new album out I think, probably that

Will probably give Do Nothing and The Horrors EPs a go at some point today

1 Like

this is nice - its a bit cleanly produced but very nice

1 Like

Valerie June’s last album was my favourite of that year. Loved see live gigs and the new one is my main release of the week.

4 Likes

The Underground Yourh have a new one out on Fuzz Club. Sounds like Nick Cave (Abattoir Blues era).

3 Likes