New Releases 12/10/18

Daniel Avery EP (new tracks have a heavy acid vibe)
Factory Floor soundtrack album

1 Like

Basement are great, I didn’t know they had new stuff out (they are touring soon though). I’d put them firmly in post-hardcore aye.

So, so glad that they’ve released this ^ ! Their performance of it at the Science Museum last year was a pummelling tour de force!

Looking forward to having a listen to the new EP from Haley Heydericks, it’s a collab with some guy called Max García Conover, the single was good so should be definitely worth a listen.

Really enjoying it so far, about halfway through. Hope they do it again, so I might get chance to see it. Assume I can just setup the film and hit play on the soundtrack at the start though for a home diy experience

Connan Mockasin and John Grant have both snuck out releases? Oh go on then

If you’re not listening to this then you’re missing out chumps…

1 Like

Going to give it a listen shortly, will be intrigued to see if it’s as powerful just as a standalone piece.

Yeah it would be a shame if it was just a one off performance! Hopefully they’ll announce some dates. If you’re gonna do your home DIY screening though, make sure you crank the volume up to 11 to get the full experience!

1 Like

Just realised St. Vincent’s reworking of Masseducation is out.

Id put them in “Nirvana” personally

Connan Mockasin’s Jassbusters is as smooth as it is funky and oozes with seediness. Only real dud on the album is Momo’s.

One of their songs came on shuffle and I thought it was a Quicksand song, so somewhere in that ballpark I was thinking.

1 Like

Same for me, just the new Strange Ranger EP and I figure I’ll give the Kurt Vile a chance too.

Oh shit the Basinskenglish release is today?

Yahoo!

2 Likes

Loving Basinki/English collab; just exactly what I need on a Friday after year 10 last lesson!

Also wanted to say that I missed the boat on Adrienne Lenker by a week (her out of Big Thief) but her new solo record is stonking.

1 Like

6 tracks into the new Mathew Dear record and I really like it so far. Very nice.

3 Likes

Picked up John Grant, Daniel Brandt and a 4 disc set of Cocteau Twin’s Fontana output which I hadn’t seen before today.

It’s bloody lovely :+1:

That’s the last one! There’s an even NEWER one out!

Blimey :open_mouth: