New Releases 13/08/2021 👻👻

Fantastic! Thanks.

I think it’s It’s really good. It reminds me of the better bits of Brandon’s solo album from years ago. (and Springsteen, obvs). Haven’t really listened to anything since Sam’s Town, aside hearing the singles out and about.

2 Likes

loving this! thanks for sharing

Quicksand is EXCELLENT. I spent most of yesterday listening to the album Hum put out last year so am definitely on that reformed 90s band big melodic riff hype today.

3 Likes

Really needed this today. Perfect

Thanks!

1 Like

The lack of singles had me intrigued and it really does sound great on first listen.

Thought repeat listens might be a bit of a slog with all the talky bits, so happy to see there’s an abridged version on Spotify

2 Likes

Oh I completely missed that this was the same Wednesday that had I Was Trying to Describe You to Someone out last year. Loved that album. This is going on next

2 Likes

Jana Rush - Painful Enlightenment

Dark, experimental footwork. Wicked sax sample on the opening track.

3 Likes

Loving it on first listen. Wasn’t expecting the slightly beefed up Hail To The Thief-era Radiohead vibes on ‘Brushed’ so that was lovely.

Also glossed over this – thanks for making the connection! Really enjoying it.

1 Like

This was really good. Big fan of El Michels Affair anyway, liked everything they’ve done before this too.

This is next up for me. Remember digging Pariah, but haven’t listened to it for ages.

1 Like

the new Killers is alright, and I like the samples at the start of the songs, however I can’t actually see my self reaching for it often

1 Like

new Pet Symmetry! Evan is a busy man

2 Likes

It has been mentioned elsewhere, but if you are into Hum you’d probably like the Lantlôs record from July. I’ve been listening to it on repeat all week.

2 Likes

Radically and unexpectedly loving this - thanks!

1 Like

Bas Jan - You Have Bewitched Me (single)

First music from Serafina Steer and bandmates (albeit different bandmates) since 2018. I absolutely loved their brand of art-pop, so very glad to have them back.

2 Likes

You weren’t wrong about that sax sample, were you? Oooof, that is a bit good.

1 Like

Has he done something else too lately?

I’ve been listening to it all day. It’s so good! I was a bit underwhelmed by Interiors on the whole, but this album seems like a real step up. Not sure how much it sounds like ‘Quicksand’ in comparison to Slip and Manic Compression, but that doesn’t really matter because it sounds like Walter Schreifels, and he’s probably my favourite musician ever

2 Likes

I’m a medium rare Quicksand fan but I’ve actually never heard Rival Schools so ironically, this new release thread has me checking out stuff from 20 years ago